Anxiety if you don't eat?

Options
New to the group - hello!

I get a lot of anxiety around the thought of food in the evenings. I feel very anxious about having something in to binge on, and if there is nothing to binge on I get more anxious. I don't know why - I mean, it's not as though something bad is going to happen if I don't binge. Anyone else feel this? What do you do to stop it, other than eat junk food?

Replies

• eramane
    eramane Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Story of my life. Its always a struggle somedays are worst than others. I struggle with anxiety and the worst it gets the more I feel like I have to eat something. Its kind of crazy because when I was a kid or in my teens I didn't have the need to eat like I do now. I used to skip meals all the time or not really pay attention to it. Now its like I if I don't eat something when its lunch,dinner ect I think the worst of situations. I guess what I don't to shut it down when I get in this routine is I usually talk to my wife about it. I think just talking about it puts a calmness over the anxiety part and at least then you feel your being honest with the situation. Anxiety for me has a way of trying to corner me and make me feel like Im in this by myself. Which leads to more stress and then it usually a matter of time before the bad food decisions follow. The way I have seen to beat anxiety is by not allowing it to beat you up. The more you talk about it the more you won't bury it. And for food I usually eat apples with peanut butter when I need something to snack on or olives. I try to stay away from sugar and caffeine. Sweets is my downfall sugar only increases my energy and when your trying to stay relaxed it does the opposite. Hope this helps