No! with excuses leads to potential failure~NO! with commitment leads to success, period.

Options
OMADing1
OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
edited November 2016 in Social Groups
In this OMAD life, this little word can make the difference between success and failure, the difference between consistency and stumbling, what's that word....NO!

Commitment

“Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi

“There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.” ~Pat Riley

“There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstances permit. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.” ~Unknown

“Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.” ~Tony Robbins

“Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching.” ~Thomas Jefferson

"Trying" (if you know me, you know how I feel about "trying" to do something), anyway...the longer I'm living this OMAD life, the more I'm discovering about myself. When I read these quotes on commitment helps me so much to say NO! with conviction more.

Learning to say (and mean with ALL your heart) NO! to people, places, things and especially yourself WITHOUT excuse, justification, guilt or reasonings will help us so much in this OMAD life. Ya know how when someone asks something of you, and you really don't want to (like food pushers, bossy relatives, and your own stomach when it's NOT eating time), the attempts to have you go against your conscience or goals and instead of standing on a FIRM, NO! or perhaps a polite, but FIRM, NO, thanks anyway...when/as we give ourselves or others justification as to why not--doesn't it strike you that you are convinced to do something or eat and drink somethings that's not fitting in your time schedule or that you quite frankly don't want to do? Well, the solution is to train y/ourselves to allow our NO! to be NO, period.

When we open the door to "Well...no, I can't because (fill in the blank)". It's amazing how easily persuaded we are to "backslide" or go back to the place that got us overweight, obese or morbidly obese. But when/as we say (to ourselves and others) NO! with NO explaining, NO excuses, NO remorse, NO FEAR--BOOM, it's a done deal and people and our stomach will leave us alone, period. Because when people (and we've convinced ourselves) know that there is no compromise in our NO, when we have a "no looking back" attitude in this OMAD life, it WORKS, period. I'm NOT talking about saying NO to certain foods, or restricting ourselves in life--the NO, I'm referring to is snacking, allowing food pushers to push us, eating when it's not within our time period or 4 hour window and other things that takes our eyes off the prize of reaching our goals, in OMAD and in life in general

This seems hard, but once we've convinced ourselves that our NO, means NO, period--END of discussion...it's amazing how folk will back down/out or when we make ourselves WAIT, until we're ready to do thus and such, instead of giving in to our weaknesses or outside pressure? It become easier and easier to live and love this OMAD life.

So the Word for today is NO, at least for me...WITHOUT explanation, guilt nor regret! I LOVE OMAD/fasting...it's teaching me so many things in life, I thought I knew or would have learned over the years, but am just learning (daily).

P.S. Don't say NO to reading this, because TL/DR :*