New to LCD--and amazed!

Options
birdtobe
birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
About two and a half weeks ago, I decided to quit sugar and carbs. I thought it would be torture, but it's so easy. Weight has just been falling off--I've lost 8.5 pounds in 17 days! What?! And I'm not hungry. And I feel great. It's crazy! I feel like I've seen the light and want to convert everyone I know to this way of eating. I'm almost angry that I have been tricked all these years into thinking I needed to count calories and that was all. Every night, I feel like I'm going to wake up in the morning famished and "fall off the wagon" but then it's so easy to keep going! Am I in some kind of honeymoon period, or is it really this simple?

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    It will slow, but this is way easier than anything else you will ever try. And, if you are like me, it is the best food out there so not really missing not having the carbage especially after fixing my bacon crusted ribs this weekend. Still have some left over.
  • josgall
    josgall Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    It will slow, but this is way easier than anything else you will ever try. And, if you are like me, it is the best food out there so not really missing not having the carbage especially after fixing my bacon crusted ribs this weekend. Still have some left over.

Mmmm... I would love to hear how you put those together and what the macros look like! Any link for more info?
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @birdtobe! You may indeed be in a honeymoon period, so don't be discouraged if the weight loss slows or stalls. It's a marathon, not a sprint, so just stick with it and enjoy the long-term benefits! Be sure to check out the Launch Pad, too, because it has lots of good information about things to look out for on this WOE (way of eating).
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    josgall wrote: »
    cstehansen wrote: »

Mmmm... I would love to hear how you put those together and what the macros look like! Any link for more info?

Here is the link where I got the idea. I use Stubbs BBQ sauce because it is much lower in sugar than most and actually tastes really good. Macros will depend on the ribs, bacon and sauce you choose and any seasoning you opt to use. You don't need much seasoning for these. I just use a bit of SPG (salt, pepper and garlic powder). I go light on the salt since the bacon adds quite a bit.

http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/bacon-crusted-spareribs/

Here is a pic of the time I made these last year (no pics from this weekend. I use an actual smoker rather than the way they cook it. I think it is better with real smoke.

c0bw1hl8tc74.jpg

These guys have lots of other recipes that are great. My second favorite so far is the beer can bacon burger. Here is a pic of one of mine with jalapeños and crumbled bacon inside.

dnndo1cpgz8a.jpg