Please help me believe in this!

Options
amb961
amb961 Posts: 51 Member
Hi everyone,

I need a bit of encouragement and handholding and advice please! I'm 5'4" and 107 lbs, very small framed. Have been maintaining for six plus months on 1200 and low carb, have very slowly been increasing each since July with no weight gain (now on around 100g carb a day), no change in measurements (well a bit off my thighs, nice!) or weight.

Mfp says I should be on 1650 as I do kettlercise three times a week for 50 mins each time. I am active the rest of the time, walking etc. Last week I upped from 1430 cals to 1500 and I've put on two pounds.....

Replies

• amb961
    Options
    Sorry it cut the end of my post!!! Is this where I grit my teeth and carry on at this level and hope it settles, or do I drop back? My measurements are the same, except 1 cm on my waist (usually quite variable anyway). I don't think the gain is period related as I don't menstrate, one of the reasons I am upping cals and carbs.

I don't want to think 1430 is my limit, so am feeling rather low.
  • amb961
    Options
    And it cut me again! Just to say all words would be welcome. Thankyou. Xx
  • amb961
    Options
    P.s. should say I'm not looking to lose, just hoping to find a happy maintainance! X
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!
    You are doing such a good job increasing your calories.
    You know that increasing by 70 calories could not have resulted in 2 pounds of 'real weight' right?
    It's just a fluctuation.
    Have you tried our calculator to see what numbers you get there?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/weight-loss-calculator/
    And, reading this http://eatmore2weighless.com/upping-cals-what-to-expect/
    should help too.
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • amb961
    Options
    Hi, thank you for the response!

Yes that calculator says my TDEE is 1677. So will try and stick with it, thank you for the recommended reading, I have read it.

I guess that it's easy to read in advance, when you are feeling exhilarated by the new calories, but reality sinks in when you hit the stage of weight gain. I am also feeling very bloated today, although I have eaten nothing usual the last couple of days (I tend to eat much the same.sort of thing most days). Feeling very
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just a possible tip... I think using phone or gadget emoticons stuffs up posts and you lose all the typing after the emoticon. If you want to have emoticons, select from the little happy face above the typing space.
  • amb961
    Options
    Ah thank you. Knew I was doing something wrong!