Do You Have to Pick Being Happy with Your Weight or Your Shape?

Options
Adc7225
Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
I started here about 4 years ago at 5'2" - 244 lbs. in almost 2 years I got down to 154, from a size 18/20 - 2/4 with a nice shape and a great healthy outlook! I was able to maintain pretty well and then I turned 47 . . . now it seems like I have gained 2 inches at my waist and my nice curvy shape has morphed into something that looks more like it's built with Legos and not Play-Doh :'(

While I realize there should be some changes in my body that I had hoped would be minor are really irking me! While in general I know I can only do some much with exercise I wonder is this all in my mind or are there others out there that experienced changes with their shape and if so how are you dealing with it? Meaning have you changed your workout regimen, etc.?

Replies

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I think I'm going through the same thing right now and it's really hard to get beyond the body I have. While I know there are definite changes to my body as I age, I didn't realize how much my body has changed. I have to deal with looser skin that won't tighten up. It's harder for me to lose weight as compared to 5 years ago.

But I can't let it get me down and you can't either. You've come a long way from where you were so now you just have to change it up.

I started lifting last year and it's pretty much helped me maintain my weight although not necessarily lose it. Hey, at least it's better than gaining, right? Hang in there and change up your routine.