SL Training Schedule question

Options
kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
Hi,

Now that it is summer and the kids are home more I am really struggling making it to the gym to lift 3x a week. My best days to get there are Fri, Sat, Sun but of course I cannot train 3 days in a row.

I am curious if anyone has any advice. Is 2 days a week enough (I also usually run 3 miles 3x a week and take one rest day a week). Or anyone anything I can do at the gym Saturday that would not cause a issue with me doing SL on Fri and Sunday?

Any thoughts or advice? I really want to keep going with this and am trying to avoid moving to a split/isolation program that I can do 3 days in a row

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am only doing 2 days of SL at the moment - Tue and Thurs - as I have a Crossfit PT session on Friday and really like it. I just do session A, then session B and the next week swap it around and do B then A. My reason for this is so that I have different sore muscles each time I go to the PT session!! I don't know if its the best idea, but it's working for me so far. Maybe I won't progress as fast as I would if I did SL 3 times a week, but I also won't get bored so quickly.... Hopefully somebody with lots more knowledge will answer you :wink:
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks !
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    2 days are better than no days! As a shift worker I have to plan out my training days to fit in the 3 lifting days per week. I also run 2 x 5km a week plus do a 5km walk as active recovery. Sometimes I only get 2 Lifting days in some weeks but as long as you continue to improve and add weights to your sessions I`m sure it will be ok.
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    I'm with Tan & Zany on this - 2 days is better than none! it really is the rest days that help - so do make sure you do rest in between your SL

I am only lifting at the moment - but once I've progressed a little further I may add a short run a few times a week - purely for a bit of fun!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Yes, 2 days a week is fine. You'll still progress, just not as fast.

Alternately, for those 2 days, rather than an A/B rotation you could do all of the lifts every time. No rule saying you can't. And then just increase weights every week rather than every workout. There's always a way around everything, you just have to be willing to be flexible and mix it up a bit. :smile: