Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SL Training Schedule question

kopmom
kopmom Posts: 491 Member
Hi,

Now that it is summer and the kids are home more I am really struggling making it to the gym to lift 3x a week. My best days to get there are Fri, Sat, Sun but of course I cannot train 3 days in a row.

I am curious if anyone has any advice. Is 2 days a week enough (I also usually run 3 miles 3x a week and take one rest day a week). Or anyone anything I can do at the gym Saturday that would not cause a issue with me doing SL on Fri and Sunday?

Any thoughts or advice? I really want to keep going with this and am trying to avoid moving to a split/isolation program that I can do 3 days in a row

Replies

• zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    I am only doing 2 days of SL at the moment - Tue and Thurs - as I have a Crossfit PT session on Friday and really like it. I just do session A, then session B and the next week swap it around and do B then A. My reason for this is so that I have different sore muscles each time I go to the PT session!! I don't know if its the best idea, but it's working for me so far. Maybe I won't progress as fast as I would if I did SL 3 times a week, but I also won't get bored so quickly.... Hopefully somebody with lots more knowledge will answer you :wink:
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Thanks !
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    2 days are better than no days! As a shift worker I have to plan out my training days to fit in the 3 lifting days per week. I also run 2 x 5km a week plus do a 5km walk as active recovery. Sometimes I only get 2 Lifting days in some weeks but as long as you continue to improve and add weights to your sessions I`m sure it will be ok.
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    I'm with Tan & Zany on this - 2 days is better than none! it really is the rest days that help - so do make sure you do rest in between your SL

I am only lifting at the moment - but once I've progressed a little further I may add a short run a few times a week - purely for a bit of fun!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Yes, 2 days a week is fine. You'll still progress, just not as fast.

Alternately, for those 2 days, rather than an A/B rotation you could do all of the lifts every time. No rule saying you can't. And then just increase weights every week rather than every workout. There's always a way around everything, you just have to be willing to be flexible and mix it up a bit. :smile: