Meal for Family

Options
2»

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    Dinner was awesome! Thanks all for asking and those offering to travel miles to indulge :wink:

I have since moved on to a couple of other chicken dishes.

The first is chicken breast stuffed with ham & cheese, then wrapped in bacon...a LC take on chicken cordon bleu.

The other is an LC adaptation of a recipe my dad makes. His is sauteed chicken paired with egg noodles, artichoke hearts, lemon juice and capers. I skip the noodles (or replace with zoodles), double the artichoke hearts and add bacon crumbles.

Any pics you can post on this thread?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Chicken Piccata.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Dinner was awesome! Thanks all for asking and those offering to travel miles to indulge :wink:

I have since moved on to a couple of other chicken dishes.

The first is chicken breast stuffed with ham & cheese, then wrapped in bacon...a LC take on chicken cordon bleu.

The other is an LC adaptation of a recipe my dad makes. His is sauteed chicken paired with egg noodles, artichoke hearts, lemon juice and capers. I skip the noodles (or replace with zoodles), double the artichoke hearts and add bacon crumbles.

Any pics you can post on this thread?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest

No pics right now, but I'll try to remember to take a few shots next time! I'm not much of a pic taker so I have to remind myself. I now have a post-it on my cupboard door next to my mic & stove to remind me.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    I understand. I am usually 3/4 of the way done eating before I think about it although I do have a few pics on that thread and only one of them is from a partially (mostly) eaten meal. :)
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That chicken sounds oh-so-yummy. Gonna have to steal that one!
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned how fun it would be to have a group of fellow LC-ers get together for meals on a regular basis. Hmmmm, I have several neighbors who have been talking (and talking and talking) about going LC. Since they don't appear to have lost an ounce in the past year, perhaps in January I could drop some hints about starting such a group. Good for them AND me. Now all I have to do is to summon up something more subtle, kind and courteous than "Hey, Chubbo, how about ...."
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Someone mentioned how fun it would be to have a group of fellow LC-ers get together for meals on a regular basis. Hmmmm, I have several neighbors who have been talking (and talking and talking) about going LC. Since they don't appear to have lost an ounce in the past year, perhaps in January I could drop some hints about starting such a group. Good for them AND me. Now all I have to do is to summon up something more subtle, kind and courteous than "Hey, Chubbo, how about ...."

On the recent Fat Summit, Dr Mark Hyman interviewed Rick Warren. Those two along with a couple of others came up with The Daniel Plan which was developed for churches, but could be used for any group. It is designed for being done with smaller groups and help keep everyone accountable. It is not keto and is not necessarily LC, but it is lower carb and eliminates the really bad stuff like nearly everything white (sugar, flour, potatoes, etc.) and having carbs only coming from veggies. It also puts a huge emphasis on eating "real" food.

I have been thinking about getting some people together from my church or work to do something along this line. I read the first chapter of the book (which is free online), but have not ordered it (yet). With the craziness going on right now, after the first of the year might be a good time to do this. I would look at doing it with the expectation of there being a continuum of LC within the group knowing not everyone will want to be keto and everyone will have somewhat different overall goals.

Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.danielplan.com/
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

They have a jump start guide that's $3 in paperback, $2 on Kindle. I picked up the actual book on Kindle for $2 or $3 last week as one of the Deals.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I will be making an entirely low carb meal for my non low carb family on Tuesday.

Here is the menu...wish me luck...

* Baked chicken thighs...brined in salt water for 24 hrs. Dredged in homemade mayo/white wine/dijon mustard/garlic mix then dredged in parmesan cheese/italian seasoning/paprika/cayenne mix. I have done this for myself on a small scale and love, love, love.

~I made this chicken last night....except all I had was chicken breasts. They were amazing! My hubby asked for them again and I am going to make them using thighs next time. Thank you!
    @idocdlw