Where is everyone from?

Options
snookb276
snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
I live in Eastern Washington state. Winters are snowy any chilly here so outdoor riding is hit and miss for a while.

Replies

• crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I went to school in Pullman! Now live in Illinois, but wish I were in WA :/
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I'm in Colorado, just a little south of Denver. The barn is a 5 minute drive from home which is amazing
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »
    I'm in Colorado, just a little south of Denver. The barn is a 5 minute drive from home which is amazing

That's awesome! I drive almost an hour each way...and there are no mountains, just corn fields.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I drive almost an hour each way...and there are no mountains, just corn fields.

It is for sure helpful. I wish I could get out there more but it is nice to have it close

• snookb276
    Options

That's awesome. WSU grad? I live in Deer Park north of Spokane. I love it here!
  • snookb276
    Options

You are a lucky girl. Best of both worlds.
  • crimsongrey
    Options

That's awesome. WSU grad? I live in Deer Park north of Spokane. I love it here![/quote]
    snookb276 wrote: »

That's awesome. WSU grad? I live in Deer Park north of Spokane. I love it here!
    Yep! I lived in Seattle before Pullman (Boise and near Salt Lake before that) and then we moved to Chicago for my husband to go to grad school. Now we live in central IL which is completely flat with corn fields as far as the eye can see. I've been trying desperately to get back to WA for years, but my husband has a good job with an even better retirement system so we're making the best of it here. We've talked about Spokane a lot, but haven't been there for years.
  • snookb276
    Options
    I grew up in Ohio so am very familiar with the flat cornfield landscape. There was a strong community of English riding there as I remember.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Houston, Texas here. We are all excited that it's finally cool enough to ride again! :lol:
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am in a deep-freeze at the moment.........lol! I live in Central Alberta (Canada) and it is currently anywhere from -6 to -32F depending on the wind.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    I am in a deep-freeze at the moment.........lol! I live in Central Alberta (Canada) and it is currently anywhere from -6 to -32F depending on the wind.

Those aren't real numbers. It's 52 degrees here and rainy. We call it "snowed in." :lol:
  • showjumper
    Options
    lol...... I wish they weren't real, but they are as real as the feeling of your nose hairs sticking together as soon as you step out the door! I love winter in Alberta.........
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Wow! We have a cold front coming in sometime Wednesday night. On Thursday the high is supposed to be in the upper 40s and the low *may* get down to freezing. And that's as cold as it will get all winter. Seriously. I don't even own a blanket for my horse.

Stay warm!!
  • showjumper
    Options
    @Mouse_Potato we usually get these cold snaps but not until end of January... in this weather my horses are double up with 300-400g fill each blanket if they even go out.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am in Northern Michigan, near Mackinaw City, Mackinaw Island.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    @showjumper My horse didn't get to go out today. Because cold. And wet. Uh... It was really cold and wet today...

I'm guessing your horses are a whole lot tougher than mine! ROFL!!!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    We got snow yesterday, but now it's all melted and everything is flooded. Unfortunately, it's going to be in the teens later this week so everything will be a fun skating rink. Ugh! This is why this will be my 5th winter going south :smiley:
  • snookb276
    Options
    Man, I knew it was cold up north but that's ridiculous.
  • showjumper
    Options
    qz9ym2h9993j.png
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Sweet mother of pie! I cannot even wrap my head around those numbers. :open_mouth:

g4vo9l5a82wd.jpg