Is there a difference between Fat2fit and EM2WL?

Options
jvezzsb01
jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
I thought I read a reference to Fat2Fit radio and their online tools. Is there a difference in philosophy or are both based on same principles?

Just curious. Still going with 2000 calories over here and weighing a little less than freak out a few weeks ago.

Replies

• TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Good old days of Fat2Fit Russ and Jeff podcasts!
    They have in common that you should be eating more that whatever fad diet tells you to and you should also eat back your exercise. Protein and working out is important. Go slow and do it for life. Drink your water and other things. Logging, staying accountable. Many similarities.

I started with Fat2Fit and ended up on EM2WL. By hoping on their way of eating early on my journey, I didn't damage my metabolism farther. They advise to never ever eat below BMR (same as EM2WL) and to eat at the TDEE of your goal weight from now, so don't drop your calories so low to lose weight in the hopes or increasing it when you get to your goal weight.

EM2WL does go farther though, stay consistent with your protein and macros, reset your metabolism if needed, lift heavier and drop cardio to increase your metabolism and TDEE, change your diet.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL member and moderator

• jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tereza! I forgot about dropping cardio. :#