Getting started or back on track!

Options
Blaxican38
Blaxican38 Posts: 27 Member
Turned 40 in july lost weight but got hurt. Down since march but since the surgery its been hard to get back on track plus im starting over...anybody in my shoes??support needed

Replies

• grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Most definitely in the same boat, was down 80 now I have gained 30 back. Time to roll up the sleeves and get to sweating!
  • Diamondgirl369
    Diamondgirl369 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Blaxican38 wrote: »
    Turned 40 in july lost weight but got hurt. Down since march but since the surgery its been hard to get back on track plus im starting over...anybody in my shoes??support needed

• Diamondgirl369
    Diamondgirl369 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same for me. I've been down for 4 months and just now starting to find myself but my recovery is a long one. I'd like to share stories and encouragement if you're interested. Just know you can do this! We both can.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi! I haven't been injured recently, but previous injuries like to rear their ugly heads still sometimes and really cramp my style. Between my right ankle giving out on me sometimes and my left forearm doing the same...over 40, we just don't heal like we used to! *sigh* I've been struggling to get back on track since September, and have gained back 12 lbs of the 75 I lost which is really upsetting. I feel like I try everything but nothing seems to be a viable lifestyle!

I tried low carb, I tried low fat, I tried counting calories, and now I was thinking on that IIFYM thing, which seems kind of a pain but I can see how it would work once you get the hang of it. In November I joined a nice new gym, but so far I have had every excuse not to show up more than once a week through all of December. All of those Christmas office party things have been seriously derailing, with all of the wine and the treats, and last year at this time I had no trouble resisting that stuff but for some reason this year I have not had the same resolve. Let's be honest here, this is all on me, I've made these decisions, and its all on me to turn this ship around!

Anyway, I got one of those fitbit things for Christmas, which, if nothing else, will hopefully be a constant reminder on my wrist of my goals. I'm technologically challenged, and trying to figure the thing out! (I don't even have a cell phone - its my little rebellion LOL) I wish you all great success, whatever your goals are...come on 2017, let's rock this joint!
  • KarenBelow
    KarenBelow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So ! Returning after a long complacent break - have NO excuse have lost 28kgs and have a hefty target of 20kgs to go ! 42 yrs young, 4 kids, a suppportive husband thats a fantastic cook - have a plantar fascia injury left foot on the heal and have free gym and pool memberships courtesey of my work SO whata stopping ME ...Well MOTIVATION - I need some accountability and shared enthusiasm so if there is anyone put there keen for a New Zealand based friend and co-conspirator drop me a mesaage and lets make this happen WHOOP
  • Blaxican38
    Options
    Same for me. I've been down for 4 months and just now starting to find myself but my recovery is a long one. I'd like to share stories and encouragement if you're interested. Just know you can do this! We both can.

Id love that!srry so late!
  • Blaxican38
    Options
    Id love that!srry so late
  • wowmanacat
    wowmanacat Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I had surgery in Sept. and had to wait till now to get back at it. I am getting back to it as much as I can. I really have to start over and since it is a new year it is a start over. I was down to 150 or os but now almost back to where I start at the 160 mark, that is to much for my small body size.
  • Sungoddess314
    Sungoddess314 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi yall! I joined this group ohhhh so long ago and proceeded to slack off. I don't make new years resolutions, but, i did promise myself i would take control of my health this year (i developed high blood pressure last year). Looking forward to chatting with people with similar interests, goals and journies.

• Betty1481
    Betty1481 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i am new in this group and i have 33 week to lose like 40 lbs that is what i am pushing to lose in those weeks because I am going back to the UK to see my fiancee that in September would be like 18 months since we seen each other.. i am like a roller coaster and I just wan to get off of it and go straight ... I am working on a low carbs, and high protein ,but it is very hard... Saturday will be my real first week weigh in, Saturday i weighed in at the gym scale at 211 and I am hoping that I would be losing something.. for the past three days i have been keeping my carbs down and the protein higher then the carbs and the fat... I go to the gym and get on the cyclist for 30 min, row for 5 sets of 20's, abs 5 sets of 20, and hip additions 5 sets of 20's but i only put like 20-30 lbs on each because i do not want to hurt my back....
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I seem to have the same cycle every year. I follow a fairly strict nutrition and exercise plan until around October and then slack through the holidays - and then come back strong in January. (I am happy that at least it lasts around 10 months) However, I obviously back track a little on the pounds, so I have a little to lose. My success story is that I usually by summer I'm looking and feeling great and it's tank top season LOL We Can Do It!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Looking for some help/motivation. Feel free to add me. I am 48 1/2. so I can be fabulous 40 for a bit yet? Time is taking toll and I want to assist that. My fasting blood sugar just went up to 107. I refuse to become a diabetic - although my genes will be fighting me. I have more aches and pains then I have but i cannot be like that yet....so I have to lose 20 pounds for sure that is dragging me down. Pasting a sign in my kitchen that says 107! hopefully that will be enough to assist.
  • taraf33
    taraf33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers last year. Lost 30 pounds. Gained 18 back since June from summer vacations, work and holidays. I at 42, have two kids and travel a lot for work. I need to lose the weight I gained plus much much more! I am ready to get back on track. I could use some friends and motivation!!
  • mikazoe
    mikazoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel like I fit in here. I’m 42 almost 43. 5 years ago I hurt my knee. It took 2.5 years until it was properly diagnosed and surgically fixed. I’m on borrowed time for a knee replacement. I put on 30lbs during that time due to not being able to exercise, and poor eating. About a year after surgery, I hurt my rotator cuff. Now I have 2 sore shoulders that are slowly getting better. My exercise has drastically changed over the years because of a bad knee and 2 bad shoulders. I’m now only up 20 lbs from my pre injury weight. I need to adjust my eating habits the most. Looking for someone in a similar situation to keep me motivated.
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track here as well! Part of my plan to stay motivated is to introduce something new or challenge myself on a weekly bases. I have my calender ready for the next 6 months but will add to it as I progress and want to up my game!
  • Cabrinii
    Cabrinii Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started exercising three weeks ago after the holidays. I plan to stay motivated and do something fun or challenging instead of slacking off which made me put the pounds back on myself. I still want to lose weight and keep it off so I can stay healthy forever. I have to adjust my eating habits and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and make healthy recipes. I plan to get back on track for the entire year by exercising every day because I have a lot of motivation and strength within me.
  • pennyjean75
    pennyjean75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So many similarities to my story and the stories here. I'm coming back to MFP. It used to be quick and easy to lose the pounds. In the past 5 years, I've battled with a 25lb swing in weight. I've pushed myself too hard in the past and now I have to contend with various nagging injuries. Previous times on MFP, I didn't seek support or friends and I've dropped out when the going got tough. Going to go the friends and support route. So far, I've been WAY more active here with my logging.
  • jenniferlawler
    jenniferlawler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so in this group!
    I lost 50 pounds by walking on my lunch hour and have gained back 20.
    thanks for the encouragement :)
    jen
  • ricciuta
    ricciuta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ladies in our 40s, we can do this! Support is essential and that's what I'm here to provide and what I'm here seeking!!

Getting started. I had a minor health scare, but serious enough to stop screwing around and get serious about eating better, exercising and trying to de-stress. I'm a nurse and I can't turn off my emotions when I get home, which leads me to comfort food, all of it bad. If anyone has healthy comfort food that tastes delicious, please let me know!!!

Being 46 and on medication for an underactive thyroid, it's not easy for me to lose weight. But I need to try.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track