Eating too LITTLE?!

Options
birdtobe
birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
Hi, everyone. I am learning so much from this group and am hoping you guys can help me out. I have been eating Low Carb for three and a half weeks now and am down ten pounds. I feel great. Much to my surprise, however, over the last few days I am finding it DIFFICULT TO EAT ENOUGH. (Never, ever in my life would I have imagined this might be a problem!) I am eating three meals, but am really not hungry enough to eat up to my 1250 goal each day. I'm just not feeling it, ya know? And, quite frankly, I am so elated by my lack of appetite that I find it hard to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry. But am I screwing myself for later when I am suddenly needing to eat like 200 calories a day to maintain? Any advice is very much appreciated!!

Replies

• birdtobe
    Options
    Also, my diary is open if anyone wants to take a look and advise!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It won't last. I always say don't eat if you're not hungry. Your body has food stored away for this exact purpose. It has finally learned to efficiently access it because of the low carbs. Now instead of insulin constantly packing away fat for later use... it's later! Time to use it!
    Enjoy it. It doesn't last forever. Once you lose a good deal of fat and your reserves get a bit low, though not usually as low as you'd like them to be, it'll crank the hunger back up and you'll have to be more mindful do you don't overeat.
    Congrats on the great start!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Sunny_Bunny_. Trust me...I always joke that I should change my name to 'Always Eating' because I feel like I always am. Have been keto for over an year now and the hungry periods come and go.

Congrats on your loss and don't forget to read up about the electrolytes if you haven't yet!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yep, it will pass! Enjoy the feeling for now. You'll be eating more soon and it will even out.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    And congratulations on your weight loss!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    It won't last. I always say don't eat if you're not hungry. Your body has food stored away for this exact purpose. It has finally learned to efficiently access it because of the low carbs. Now instead of insulin constantly packing away fat for later use... it's later! Time to use it!
    Enjoy it. It doesn't last forever. Once you lose a good deal of fat and your reserves get a bit low, though not usually as low as you'd like them to be, it'll crank the hunger back up and you'll have to be more mindful do you don't overeat.
    Congrats on the great start!

Absolutely!! I've had days where about 800 calories were plenty. I've also had days around 2000. They've pretty much leveled out to around a 1500 average.
  • birdtobe
    Options
    Thanks for the help, everyone! I'm excited to finally be doing something that feels like it's not a huge struggle. I don't expect the pounds to just melt off without effort going forward--I've just never had it feel this manageable.