Not such a newbie needing support

Options
vickiandrews
vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
Well I've been logging on for 9 months solid now and am starting to slip back to my old ways - eating stuff because its there and not because I’m hungry.

I was doing so well and was really proud of myself even though I did nearly lose my wedding ring when it fell off during a shopping trip (not such a great NSV). I can tell that the inches are slowly coming back and it’s because I haven’t done any proper exercise for nearly a month. I have been walking as often as possible but that doesn’t keep the inches from creeping back on my waist!

I had a whinge the other day to a different group I’m in and their support has been so helpful that I think I’m getting back on track but am sat at work today thinking surely it can’t hurt to pour my feelings out again to get that final (and hopefully not too painful) kick up the a$%^!

On a positive note I did manage to turn down office ice creams yesterday so I feel as though I’m starting to turn the corner (not quite all the way round yet - possibly just coming to the apex)!

Vx

Replies

• stayingatgoal
    Options
    well done on refusing the ice creams very hard to do in this weather . as you can see like you i have 6lb to lose to get me back to my target weight... lets do it together :smile:
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. 6lbs to go until my BMI is out of the overweight category. I have never before even dreamed that would be possible. I think I was always just a bit stubborn in a way thinking that anything below 12st would be too low for me but considering I’m nearly there and like being able to see my waist and fitting into size 12 clothes I’m in the mind set of “go girl - you can do it”!!!!
  • cynthiapick
    cynthiapick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just keep going, you are so close to reaching your goal. Just an idea, have you tried eating some different foods and at different times, just to shake up your metabolism. Those last few lbs are often the hardest to lose, but please do not give up, no way do you want too put that weight back on. Keep thinking about how you might feel when you have reached your goal. I have had to give up walking at the moment, I could not cope with the heat, but I have taken on a forth aquarobics class, I love it. Can you try a new exercise?
    Anyway, keep going and keep in touch
    Cynthia