Dog Shaming

Options
Rachel0778
Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
7o0kewoniqx5.png

My name is Chance and I love Christmas chocolate! I love it so much that I ate all of the chocolate that my Mom was supposed to bring to work today for Secret Santa, including but not limited to: 1 bag of individually wrapped reeses (wrappers included), a bar of dark chocolate, and a bar of caffeinated chocolate. She was pretty mad and made me to go the vet as punishment. It's a good thing I'm cute because my Mom says that I'm very expensive!

Can anyone else relate? :)

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    The night before I had to say goodbye to my sweet little Tobe (a miniature dachshund), I bought a bag of Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses because he had ALWAYS tried to get into them when they were around. I let that little fellow eat as many of them as he wanted.

Glad all turned out well for your furbaby!
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Cindy, I'm so sorry.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,852 Member
    Options
    One year I had gotten a 5lbs hershey kiss as a valentine present which I left on the coffee table ( shame on me!) When I came into the room again about 4 lbs of it was in side my 16 lb mini schnauzer Buddy. Needless to say it also involved a trip to the vets and several days of cleaning up and listening to Buddy moaning because his belly hurt. (I gave him no sympathy)
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Bad Dog! They just don't care, do they? Looks like Chance is all ready for more, @Rachel0778 ; glad everything turned out OK!

@beachwoman2006 , my sympathies to you. I find it so damn hard to say goodbye to our pets when that time comes!
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,918 Member
    Options
    Our Cocker-poo Curley got into Easter candy when he was a pup. Didn't seem to bother him much, as he lived to be 16. He would've been 49 this year. LOL
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the expensive part and the good thing I'm cute statement. LOL -- my current boxer girl is a food hound, but never takes anything on her own...that was true for both of them (my 2nd one is gone now due to brain cancer) but they love human food. Glad all went OK for your fur baby, chocolate can be pretty bad.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. My dog Kemper LOVES chocolate, and is very dedicated in getting to them when we're not around. He's eaten my son's entire stash of Halloween candy on more than one occasion.

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about Tobe. My heart goes out to you.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your loss Cindy! Tobe must have went out of this world as one happy guy with all those Hershey kisses!

@leeless511 I'm jealous of your dog's good behavior! Mine will steal and eat anything within reach on the counter (and now apparently the top of the bookshelf!)

@cakeman21K I had no sympathy either!