sore muscles

Options
dice80
dice80 Posts: 84 Member
Just got back into weight training been doing only cardio for a few months. My legs are so sore, does anyone have any good remedies so it isn't so painful or should I just suck it up?

Replies

• Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My biggest advice is keep moving. It helps to workout and move when you are sore, even if it feels like the last thing you want to do. Also get yourself a foam roller and learn how to use it for your different body parts/areas. Epsom salt baths can help if it is too bad. I personally have gotten to the point I power through it. I wear my soreness as a badge of honor, as proof I pushed myself.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I try to eat food with a lot of potassium. Sometimes I take a magnesium powder. Other times I'll drink pickle juice or gatorade. I stretch a lot and move around. Massage when I can get hubby to help out. I just kinda push through it... It sucks but sore happens.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    IME, it only happens the first couple times when you're not yet used to the new training. A relaxing walk, or a hot bath (with epsom salts) are helpful. A cold shower soon after training is very effective, though unpleasant.

I heard a lot of good things about magnesium oil spray, so I'm trying that, but honestly couldn't tell you if it makes a difference or not!
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advice. After a couple lidocaine patches the soreness wore off.
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    there are also supplements you can get at any nutrition shop that help with muscle recovery. you can get a lot of great info from the sales person. i have heard from different individuals who lift, each have their own preferences, so i will avoid promoting a certain brand or what i take personally... :)