Mid-season - how are you doing?

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 947 Member
We are well into the 'holiday season' with all its food opportunities and temptations. How are you doing with your weight management? Are you sticking to your plan? Do you need to re-focus?

As for me, I'm hanging in there. I've been eating some of the treats at work but doing much better not snacking at night. I'm within easy reach of where I would like to be.

Replies

• gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    My average weight has stayed the same since October. But that average is still 4-5 pounds higher than I feel comfortable at.

The semester is coming to an end in the next few days. My stupid long days at work are over (I left at 10pm this past Monday due to the last set of practical exams). The colleague that can cause me much stress is going out of the country on Sunday (yay!). Thus I will have a couple of weeks where I'm only working half days, having long weekends, and having more time for the recreational activities I enjoy.

I'm working towards having a lower average weight by the time I see my doctor for my annual check up mid January.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm doing OK. I've been in a bit of a foul mood with too much snow (then warming, then rain, then freezing) and life in general. Usually those are triggers for me to eat but this time around, it seems to be doing the opposite. I don't have a lot (or any) holiday spirit, but that's fine. I'll just have to work my way through it but I guess the bright side is I'm managing my stress without mindless eating. That works...
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,086 Member
    Options
    I'm yo-yoing more than usual, but hanging around the same numbers, which is NOT what I want. Gotta convert "want" into "Do".
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,274 Member
    Options
    I am plateaued, which is mildly frustrating.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    minimyzeme wrote: »
    I'm managing my stress without mindless eating.

Way to go!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing as bad as I expected, which is a win in my books. I started out the month a bit rough but I feel much more under control the past 2 weeks. I've also gotten my workouts back up to par since I was slacking there for awhile with the weather change.

The real test will be when I stay with my in-laws for a week (25th-31st) and I lose access to my own kitchen/cooking. I didn't do terrible last year so I'm hoping to keep that momentum through this holiday season.
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    I'm going in the right direction, but it is slow going. The baking has begun and that is part of the slow progress.
  • GavinFlynn1
    GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    My main focus right now has been to track *everything*. On that point, I'm am doing awesome! Based on the calories, last week, I should have posted a loss, but the scale showed a slight gain. Today is my weigh in day, and I am down 4.6! Woo HOO!!

With the extra holiday treats around, I've been good on limiting myself. When I am responsible for "clean up" of left-over treats, I drop the extras off at a nearby recovery center where recovering addicts & alcoholics gather for meetings. They are always grateful for free treats. :smiley:
  • leeless511
    leeless511 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty good losing ounces fairly consistently. I am technically below WW goal, but I want to drop down even further, I think my new goal is really the right goal. I have (2) events still coming up...if I navigate those 2 days well I should weigh less by Jan 2nd than I did in October -- which is a goal I set for myself.

It's possible I am sticking to it because we are taking a short trip to Hawaii in January, but that is not why I set the goal to be less or to drop down in weight, Hawaii just came up due my DH needing to go for work, usually a time based goal adds stress for me and drives me in the wrong direction.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Up a little. Not enough to cause a freak out. Yet.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    I hit my personal low of 230 10/31, then at first Nov WI gained back 2#.Grrr
    Today I finally lost the 2# plus a little more so I'm at a new personal Low 228!
    Two pounds away from earning my -150# WW charm. With two WIs left in the year that SHOULD keep me motivated.
    My weight loss for calendar year 2016 is 40#, that is more than double my 2015 total of -16#.
    I see a dim light ahead of me, I think it's the street lights near Onederland! We'll see where I end up in 2017?
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Doin' fine. Good to be away from the summer BBQ eating season I think.

:p