Fat adapted??

Options
clawson91
clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
Last night I ate a huge omelette with bacon, cheese prepared in butter and bacon drippings (sounds better than grease). Yum by the way! This morning I had my BPC as usual but I did not get hungry until close to 3 pm. Which means I did not eat for 20 hours! Even then I only ate two pickle spears and two cheese slices. Does this mean I'm becoming fat adapted? I've been trying to trust the process and eat more fat but last night was the first time I've added that much fat to my food. Tonight I made my own version of fat head pizza. I guess I will find out tomorrow if adding more fat really helps or it was just a fluke. Thanks for any input!!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Fat adaptation comes in time and is more about how your body handles small amounts of carbs. Like can you get right back to burning fat because your body now prefers it???... that kind of thing. It's about developing the mitochondria required to make the change where the body is really preferring fat. As I understand it.
    Sounds like you're definitely doing the right things to put that mitochondria in place. What you're describing to me sounds like you experienced a high ketone production. Then in the absence of food your body just kept on using fat. That's certainly on the right track.
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Sunny_Bunny_