Options
13»

Replies

• enmonteith
    enmonteith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.. I made it halfway through the last challenge and fell off. I am up in weight since then as well.. about 15lbs. I know that is a lot in a short period of time.. but my eating was very chaotic and I did very little moving. I just want to be healthy and happy. I know that won't happen overnight, but I keep coming back to this point and I will continue to do so until I get it right. So instead of 50lbs to lose I now have 80. I look forward to feeling better. Good Luck and Happy New Year to everyone!
  • michellenc27540
    michellenc27540 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello all! 50 yo mother of two. Over the past 2 years with the help of MFP I have lost and maintained a 30+ pound weight loss, I was 3lbs to goal weight when a total hysterectomy and the holidays happened. My clothes are so uncomfortable but I am not quite ready to jump on the scale to see how much I gained. Friday will be my official weigh in day. My goal will be to lose 5 pounds a month until goal weight of 120 and then to maintain. I will accomplish this by limiting my drinking to weekend only and clearing out all junk food that my family members eat. I will return to clean eating; fruits, veggies, legumes, poultry, fish, lean pork & beef only. I will weigh, measure and log everything. This is my first challenge and I am looking forward to having support especially since I work and live in an environment that is challenging. Good luck everyone let's make 2017 the best!
  • kaylangrandorff
    kaylangrandorff Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello, my name is Kaylan and I will be 27 on Jan 6. I am coming from the previous challenge. I had an amazing experience with the last one. Even though I did not reach my goal of 163lb, I had foot surgery and recovery during a good portion of the challenge, I made it to 169lb. I am better now, doc said not physical therapy. I'm ready to drop the weight, eat healthy, and live a better me this year!!
  • emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Emily, 22 years old and have always been overweight. The most I've lost with MFP was 15lbs about five years ago and have been steadily gaining since. I'm attempting a healthier lifestyle in general through tracking slowly this time (I always try to lose fast and fail, obviously) and quitting smoking at the same time so I can take up exercising and be able to breathe doing it.

I'm at 270lbs now hoping to be under 200lbs at some point. I'm hoping for a 70lbs loss over this year but I'm not sure how realistic that is going to be. Anyhow, lots of hard work ahead but 3 days smoke free and hoping if I can keep this up the exercise will follow! Just need to start breathing clearer again.

Feel free to add me :)
  • catalinaromera
    catalinaromera Posts: 20 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Catalina, 22- just graduated college and looking to shed the dreaded "15+."

I need a way to stay motivated beyond just my normal feed, and I'm hoping this group helps. Feel free to add me or message me!