2017: Bring It

Options
Let's use these last weeks of December to gear up for our resolutions so we can CRUSH IT on Jan 1.

Maybe hit the after-Christmas sales for new workout gear or sneakers. Get some new cookbooks from the bookstore or library or solicit healthy recipes from pals. Figure out how to make meal planning or workout scheduling work for you. Find a friend IRL to workout with you. If you like running, consider a free group like momsrunthistown.com

Do some of the homework now so you can be prepared for a great start on January 1! Here’s to a healthy, wonderful, and blessed 2017!

What are your 2017 goals? What steps are you going to take to achieve those goals? How can you prepare?

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have about 14kg to go to get to a "normal" weight. In some ways it sounds like a lot - especially considering I lost 6kg in the last 12 months, but 4 years ago I was 35kg heavier than I am now. I would have lost more this year but I had surgery in May and I gained back 10kg that I'd lost - it's a constant struggle. My plan is to get through Xmas on plan and with no weight gain and then knock off that last 14kg. I think it's doable.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    @EbonyDahlia, what steps are you going to take to knock off those 14kg?
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Nothing drastic. I would have lost most of that this year I think, but I had surgery in May and took quite a while to recover so a) I couldn't exercise and b) I stopped tracking for a couple of months and while staying Keto ate too many calories. Hence the 6kg loss for the year. It was actually a 4kg loss, then a 6kg gain then an 8kg loss. This year I have no excuse - I will stick to plan. I have just bought a 12 month premium MFP subscription so I have to track my food for the whole year (now I've paid for it) :)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Normally I either stay the same weight or lose a little during this time of year . . . but not this year! While I don't like making NYR's come January I will get back into shape. Hopefully santa will bring me some exercise gear, but either way I will apply mind over body! It's been so cold and hard to get out of the bed in the mornings but it always feel so good once I get into my workout - I just need to keep that in mind.

Remember, winter workouts make summer bodies