Liquid food diet

Options
2»

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Massive thank you for all your ideas. I have to do this for a month, started on Tuesday in all honestly the pain and painkillers have wiped out my appetite but I can't expect that to last for a month. Up until now I've just had broth. I have to have a plan for when I get hungry.

I guess I'll have to go get a decent blender now as all I have at the moment is a small basic one. I'm worried blitzing normal meals might end up tasting like baby food which just the thought of makes me want to gag.

Do you have any suggestions on brands and where to get the low carb protein powder, mct oil and collagen? I'm in the UK.

@riaward1990 I'm in the uk too and I use Sci Mx ultra whey protein. 2 scoops has 179 calories and 3.5 g carbs. I add a tbsp of double cream to it, which makes it much yummier, or 50 ml of coconut cream is good too. The SciMx is available at ASDA, Tesco and Amazon. Just check the label on the back cuz not all of them are low carb. The Ultra Whey Protein is the only super low carb one. And I don't use it, but I've seen the Bulletproof MCT oil on Amazon.

I recommend the Kitchen Aid hand held emulsion blender. I bought the full kit online from John Lewis last year for £99, which includes multiple blades and a whisk, but just the primary blade was available for £49. I'd recommend that over a blender as it's difficult to make soup or any hot stuff in a blender, you'll have to do it in very small batches otherwise the steam builds up and the top blows off :wink: get one that comes with the plastic jug, it's perfect for blending cold stuff.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned elsewhere that the only truly unflavored protein powder I've been able to find is GNC's "Wheybolic Extreme 60 Original." I go through a lot of protein smoothies and was pretty sure I'd quickly get tired of Chocolate, Strawberry, Cookies and Cream and all the rest of them, so I made a point of tracking down a powder that lets me add whatever flavoring agent suits me at any given time. The stats: 1 scoop (22.33 GR) = 20GR protein, 2GR net carbs. It blends nicely without clumping, unlike some I've tried which are like trying to drink pulverized blackboard chalk.

Anyway, here's a feeble attempt at finding the bright side of all this: You will be one of the very small percentage of Americans who won't gain weight over the holidays.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Nobody's mentioned guacamole.... Mix unflavoured protein powder in it and mash very well or blend. I could live on that. I have a special mouth guard from my orthodontist to wear at night for my tmj. Works like a charm and also helps prevent more damage to my tooth surfaces from clenching my jaw at an off angle unconsciously while asleep. Good luck with your tmj
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Nobody's mentioned guacamole.... Mix unflavoured protein powder in it and mash very well or blend. I could live on that. I have a special mouth guard from my orthodontist to wear at night for my tmj. Works like a charm and also helps prevent more damage to my tooth surfaces from clenching my jaw at an off angle unconsciously while asleep. Good luck with your tmj

Huh. Sounds like it could be awesome if done with unflavored casein for the thickening effect. I use favored wheys, caseins, and milk proteins with my nut butter, but unflavored would definitely work better for savory mixes.

Actually, this has me wondering how a very spicy guacamole with chocolate casein would fare, because I really enjoy chocolates with hot peppers in them.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Actually, this has me wondering how a very spicy guacamole with chocolate casein would fare, because I really enjoy chocolates with hot peppers in them.

Mmmmmmmm. . . Mexican Mole sauce over avocados!