Labor Day 201 Challenge

Options
spfldpam
spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
I started a new thread on this so it would be easy to find and respond to!
My goal is to continue to get the gym 2-3 times a week for cardio and strength training classes. Need to get out on my bike more too but it has been so hot and humid lately. As far as weight goal to continue to maintain my weight at 130 or under that!
Good luck to everyone!

7/18/13-Maintaining at under 130 still, hitting the gym 2-3 times or more a week also. Didn't get on my bike last week due to it being so hot nad humid out. Gonna try to this weekend since they say it is supposed to cool down some. I am still taking my swim classes on Sundays, have three left.

Replies

• spfldpam
    Options
    oops! I left the 3 out of 2013! Sorry!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm still in!
    I started this challenge July 9 at 143.2 with my goal to reach by Labor Day of 135. Currently, I am 142.2.

Have talked with my family about joining a gym, but not sure when the funds will be there to do this. Probably not before Labor Day, but I will continue the strength training I have been doing at home and getting in as much cardio as I can. Hoping I can make my goal!
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I find this a great way to stay focused and accountable.

Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    Current Weight: 154.6 lbs

Fitness Goal: Run 6 miles
    Current Distance: 5.4 miles @ 10:10/mile pace
  • spfldpam
    Options
    My goal is to continue to get the gym 2-3 times a week for cardio and strength training classes. Need to get out on my bike more too but it has been so hot and humid lately. As far as weight goal to continue to maintain my weight at 130 or under that!

7/25/13-Maintaining at under 130 still, I hit the gym Sat., Mon,Tues, Wed and Thurs and this Sat. for this week. Dynamic Training on Sat., Mon and Wed and Water in Motion cardio class Tues and Thursday. Gotta get back on that bike too still.
  • TheMobileMom
    Options
    OK! I think I need to set some new goals. Seem to be on a role these days.:smile:

Starting Weight: 154.6 lbs
    7/29: 148.7 lbs
    New Goal: 140 lbs

Starting Distance: 5.4 miles @ 10:10/mile pace
    7/29: 6.5 miles @ 9:55/mile pace
    New Goal: Run 8 miles
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am not very good at setting goals, but would like to see me at the gym or on my own
    Lift with trainer 2x week
    Cardio TABATA DRILLS 2x week
    A second walk every evening if I do not have 10000 steps
  • spfldpam
    Options

7/25/13-Maintaining at under 130 still, I hit the gym Sat., Mon,Tues, Wed and Thurs and this Sat. for this week. Dynamic Training on Sat., Mon and Wed and Water in Motion cardio class Tues and Thursday. Gotta get back on that bike too still.

This weeks check in:
    8/1/13-Weight is up to 132 but I am not going freak out. I have been eating back more of my exercise cals the last week and doing alot of workouts too. Still trying to figure out how much cals to eat in maintence level. I hit the gym Sat., Mon, Tues, Wed of this week and will hit the gym Sat. coming up also. Had plastic surery consult on Monday of this week...now just gotta figure out where the $$ is gonna come from!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1 month to go!

SW at the start of this challenge: 237
    CW: 226
    GW: 210

Fitness goal: Cardio EVERY day for 1 hour
  • TheMobileMom
    Options
    In a lot of pain (abdomen) since Saturday night, will not be running until the doctors figure out what is going on. Go in on WEd for a swallow test.

8/5: 146.4 lbs

8/5: 6.6 miles @ 9:55/mile pace
  • spfldpam
    Options

Sorry for the late check in this week!
    8/12/13-Weight was at 129 this morning after being out of town Fri-Sun and no gym workouts and eating out most days too! Weird I lost! I did go to the gym Mon and Tues last week. Not as much as I wanted to but had stuff to do after work Wed and Thurs and then for out of town Fri. Can't get to gym today after work cause I gotta put my house back together from having new hard wood floors put in living room and hallway. Will try to get to gym Tues and Sat this week and possibly Wed too. My free trial for my premium classes ends today so no more of the Dynamic Classes for me since they cost $40 a class. I am gonna miss them too. I was doing them three times a week for the last month. I will investigate other classes at my gym now that aren't premium and don't cost extra like Zumba, step, cycing fit and other fun ones.
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    I'm still in!
    I started this challenge July 9 at 143.2 with my goal to reach by Labor Day of 135. Currently, I am 142.2.

Have talked with my family about joining a gym, but not sure when the funds will be there to do this. Probably not before Labor Day, but I will continue the strength training I have been doing at home and getting in as much cardio as I can. Hoping I can make my goal!

Still shooting for that goal, but have been stalled again. The last few pounds seem to be very difficult to get off. I am currently 140.6, still hoping for that 135, but will be happy just to see that 139 mark! It seems I am losing about 1 pound a month. Uggghhh! Will keep at the strength training, but upping the cardio even more. Hope it helps!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    How is everyone coming along with their goals?! I'm sure you're all rockin it! Only 2 weeks to go!
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    With 2 weeks to go, there is zero chance of me making my goal. But, all is not lost (pun intended!) because I am slowly making progress. Hit the 140.0 mark this morning, meaning I have exactly 5 lbs to that Labor Day goal and 10 pounds to go to my ultimate goal. Though I wish the weight loss was faster, I do know that these last 10 pounds are the hardest and slowest to take off.

Hope everyone is doing great with the challenge, and even if our goals aren't reach, we are all making excellent progress.
  • spfldpam
    Options

8/16/13-Been weighing in at around 132, I was 129 on Monday but I knew that wouldn't last! LOL! I usually stay at around 132 now give or take a pound or two less for the last 3 weeks or so since uping cals to 1490 and eating back some of my burn exercised calories. Not a good week for the gym or exercising. I haven't made it to the gym at all this week but plan to Sat morning. I will get back at the gym more often next week now that my living room is back in order from having hard wood floors put in and painting done over the last weekend. I was busy a couple nights putting the house back together and then Thurs had to mow yard and then dog agility training class so no time for gym that night!
    Only a couple weeks left now till Labor Day!
    Good luck every body!
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Well, we are getting very close to our goal date. My goal of 135, which is also my ultimate final goal, is very close. I am at 138.4 and still hoping to see that 135 by September 2nd.

I have not been doing much different, just the normal exercise I do most every day. I have upped my calories a bit and seem to see more loss with the higher amount.

Hope everyone is doing great with the challenge. Looking forward to seeing how everyone else has fared.

**Have to note that my original goal of 130 has been changed to 135 after a discussion on weight of excess skin, etc. Really didn't want to get below a size 6/8.
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    Do any of you remember what date the original Labor Day challenge was posted? I am now 7 pounds from my Labor Day goal but I don't remember when this was started???
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    So far as I know, it began under another thread that concerned a previous challenge. I started this on July 9, so I think that date is pretty accurate.
  • spfldpam
    Options

8/22/13-Weighed in at 131 today. I have been hanging around 130-132 lately so I am thinking this is my body's comfy weight goal. I worked out at gym Mon and Tues and will get there Sat also. Mowing yard today afterwork and have dog agility class later tonight so I can't get there today. I am happy with my weight being at that range. I eat about 1500 cals a day and eat back around 100-200 burned cals from exercise depending on the day. I tend to eat more cals on weekdays than weekends too.

Only a couple weeks left now till Labor Day!
    Good luck every body!
  • TheMobileMom
    Options
    Came close to 140 (142 lb) mid-August, when I was in pain and not exercising or eating much. However, popped back up to 146 when I was able to eat again. Probably won't hit 140, by labor day but I'm OK with it. Still moving down the charts, slower is better at this point. Committed to run 1/2 marathon in December, which means adding a long run on weekends.

8/5: 146.4 lbs
    8/26: 144.6

8/5: 6.6 miles @ 9:55/mile pace
    8/25: 8.83 miles @ 10:00/mile pace

Have a great day, unless you have other plans!!!
  • LolaBug85
    Options
    1 week to go! I'm CLOSE to goal, but I don't think I'll be able to drop an additional 7 pounds in the next week. Either way, I'll feed good because I still lost a lot of weight!