New to weight training and looking for friends

Options
ksnoe
ksnoe Posts: 5 Member
I'm looking for some friends to help keep me motivated and who I can help as well. I'm new to weight training and, honestly intimidated. Its mostly guys who lift at my gym, and theyre all benching 400 pounds. I'd really like to be a part of a community of other awesome ladies who lift, so that I don't have to be scared of the bench!

Replies

• JamieSanders1
    JamieSanders1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started strength training 2 weeks ago. I have coaches at the gym that are helping tons, and the weight lifting are about 75% women! I would love to join you in encouraging each other.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I just switched from a 5x5 program to a modified version of strong curves. The guys I know generally think it's cool when a woman hits the weights and actually lifts heavy!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for 1.5yrs now. You can add me if you like. :smile:
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just started a weight training program last month as well- feel free to add me too! :)
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting literally this week! I'm looking for leg exercises that won't aggravate a knee defect that's mostly structural, but partly muscular. I had a tendon moved 15mm about three years ago and it's limited me quite a bit, and then I've let out atrophy even further. My current plan is bodyweight exercises prescribed by my physical therapist, then look into adding weights to my lower body.

Feel free to add me!
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for years (and I'm a certified group fitness instructor) and anyone can add me here
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out... I can run distance okay but pretty weak otherwise. It can be pretty intimidating! I am mostly sticking to weight machines at the moment, though my trainer has me on a few things at the other end of the weights room when it is not packed and if I'm comfortable on the day.. So I'm getting there! Add me if you like :smile:
  • tigger33067
    tigger33067 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would suggest maybe getting trained on the TRX equipment. I love it as it is your own body weight you are lifting and the level of your body will make it harder. It is a full body workout, I love it.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish. I also need more lifting friends.
  • fitbodinprogress
    fitbodinprogress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this and looking for friends as well. Starting Strong Curves soon.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I just started SL5x5. I completed the second session yesterday. So far I like it.
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll I am getting back in to lifting... was looking into Strong Curves... do I need to buy a book for it? I downloaded the PDF of the exercises but I really don know how it works..
  • MissyK222
    Options
    oh and looking for more lifting friends as well! :smiley:
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    I just use the PDF for strong curves and then Google alternate exercises for equipment I don't have.
  • MissyK222
    Options
    I just use the PDF for strong curves and then Google alternate exercises for equipment I don't have.
    So you don't even use the book then ?

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Not new to lifting but new to this group.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    MissyK222 wrote: »
    So you don't even use the book then ?

Yep. I didn't buy anything. I have been able to find enough info online to figure out a routine.
  • ldseaman
    ldseaman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm very new at this... just started this week. Excited and enjoying it. I'd love to have friends with similar interest and learn more.
  • MissyK222
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me :smiley:
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm new to weight lifting too! I need any guidance possible.