Scraping filling off lasagna noodles?

Options
walkdmc
walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
Getting ready to make Christmas Eve lasagna. Everything is pretty keto friendly, except sauce and obviously the pasta.

Anyone have luck staying in ketosis by just removing noodles from the finished dish and eating the filling?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I attended a party the other night and the 3 main events were a pasta dishes one of which was lasagna. I took a very small portion and picked around the pasta having mostly meat and cheese. Didn't seem to bother me in the least. Salad with eggs/blue cheese was really my main course.

It might be a little late to suggest you just don't eat anything carby prior to dinner. That's basically how I plan my day, every day. I don't have a medical need to balance macros throughout the day.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I used to make myself a separate pan of lasagne with zucchini noodles until the family tried my version and said they like it better. Now I just make it without noodles! Win for me!
    I'm sure you'll be fine just eating the rest without noodles. But next time try slicing zucchini lengthwise into thin strips.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    If you were celiac it could be an issue but eating around the noodle's shouldn't be an issue for keto.

and if you eventually try @Sunny_Bunny_ 's zuke suggestion, heads up that they do get rather watery. You can read tips online about salting and blotting the strips to draw the water out, and also roasting them. I do both.