Need friends

Options
2»

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome kpeterson. I know what its like trying to stop turning to food whenever there is emotional stress. There are some excellent suggestions in the topics at the beginning of the Emotional Eating home page you might find help in them. Looking forward to your posts.
  • kaela07_
    kaela07_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and looking for friends too feel free to add me!
  • MaddieRainbowHealth
    MaddieRainbowHealth Posts: 81 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    N0703989 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon all - what a lovely friendly group of people! I've just had a look at the groups and this one jumped on me. I've been here on MFP for years, more of a spectator than a competitor and I'll be honest not a lot has changed in the passing years. I lose and gain the same few pounds over and over again.

If the definition of emotional eating is 'eating when you're not hungry' then that's me! I've had more counselling then I cared to admit to and to make things easier I end up blaming my mother which seems to please the counselor, though I don't know if that is particularly true or fair. I do know I eat as a reward, as a punishment, if I'm sad, bored, angry... so a new approached is definitely in order.
    @N0703989 Hey there! I've definitely struggled with food issues in the past, as well as presently, so I understand the issue. Can I ask how you use food as a punishment? I've never heard of that before...I used to be bulimic, so maybe that's what you're referring to? Other than my past with an eating disorder, now I primarily struggle with occasional binge eating triggers once a week.

• itsallgood803
    itsallgood803 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new here and I could use support and new friends too!
  • LivingEachDay
    LivingEachDay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a great group! I find myself going after feel-good-easy foods all too often. I enjoy cooking, hiking, strength training, but I'm often too worn out, stressed, or anxious to do those things. I'm recommitting myself and am happy to find others doing the same!