Hi I'm new to the group

Options
Manda5352
Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
Hi I'm Amanda I'm 28 married with 4 kids. I started my weight loss journey on May 6th, 2016 so far I have lost 56 lbs and have more to go. I live in Illinois

Replies

• RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Amanda. My name is Laura. I'm 47 (I think) I have been on a weight loss journey of one kind or another most of my life. THIS time, I started a few weeks ago. I feel in control. For now
  • Manda5352
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you
  • deltaforce2016
    deltaforce2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you and I'm Delena 50 and want to get healthier in hopes to drop those lagging 15 pounds. Been at it now for about a month and love it.
  • CathyTwentyTwo
    CathyTwentyTwo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Cathy and I am also new to MFP. I am on a serious weight loss journey that I am just re-commencing. I had lost a lot of weight, but sadly l found it again. I can do it, just need some support this time and it seems like I have come to the right place. Happy New Year!
  • Manda5352
    Options
    You guys can add me. We can support each other
  • Netty_Connelly
    Netty_Connelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've 83.4lbs to loose. I'd like to remove the chemicals from my life, I thinks it's going to be quite the challange ....
  • Manda5352
    Options
    Hello. I've 83.4lbs to loose. I'd like to remove the chemicals from my life, I thinks it's going to be quite the challange ....

I added you .. you can do it it might be hard at times but you got this and I will help you
  • ptr6br
    ptr6br Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies; I'm Betty, soon to be 57. I bounced around in MFP last year and am back to try to remove the barrel I carry around my torso. I use this app to track calories as tracking what goes into my mouth is the only way for me to lose weight. The older I get, the more I realize that healthy eating is important so this is my plan. I will work at reducing carbs and fat and increasing fruits and vegetables. Setting achievable goals and working to reach them is also in my plan. I look forward to chatting with each of you and help where I can.
  • Redhouse6758
    Redhouse6758 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Renee and I have just been told I need to get my cholesterol down and lose about 50 lbs. I thought I would try to do better with my diet and eat cleaner. This is going to be tough for me as I don't like many vegetables. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing ideas on this journey.
  • tyshieha
    tyshieha Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tyshieha Keitt and I am new to the entire clean eating world. I basically have been eating clean for the last 2 months but I have been doing smoothie challenges and also eating more home cooked foods. I have been doing well. In the last 2 months I have lost a total of 31 lbs. I am proud of myself but I am in search of a program that I can live with. One that I am restricted on what I can eat but not so restricted that I can't eat anything. So I began to research the clean eating life style. Well I have gotten rid of sugar almost completely. I only eat unprocessed honey, agave, and maple syrup and I understand that I on the plan. The only thing I am not to sure of is eating the whole rice and whole bread since I have stopped eating bread and pasta my weight has been coming off but I eat plenty of vegetables to make up for the lack of carbs and I also eat good carbs like sweet potato and squash. So I think I am doing pretty good with that. I also do not eat red meat. I only eat fish and chicken right now. This has whats been working for me not to mention the gym.

My biggest problem is portion control and I am actually working on that.

Well this group I think may help me understand clean eating a little more and how to stay on this life style. I also may have questions from time to time and I want help staying on task.

My ideal weight is 125 so I have less then 75 lbs left to go.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi @tyshieha it is good to see you. :) Your diet is a lot like mine. It is pollo-pescetarian.
    I was also eating Raw unfiltered honey, 100% pure maple syrup, coconut sugar and agave nectar. I thought those were healthy alternatives. I have found out new information lately. This is all so frustrating, I have a lot of these items stocked up in my house.

https://authoritynutrition.com/6-healthy-sugars-that-can-kill-you/
    https://draxe.com/agave-nectar/

I started using stevia, I thought. When looking at ingredients I found out all stevia is mixed with something, usually another unhealthy sweetener. When I researched the added ingredients, I no longer wanted to use those products.
    After a lot of searching I found Sweetleaf stevia, which I am currently using. It contains inulin which is fiber. If anyone knows of something better I am interested.

huvlh5bqvw67.png

• Dscampy52
    Dscampy52 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good morning, new here. I am 64 yrs. Young. Care for 5 grandchildren daily. Start my day with yoga 7 days a week. Haven't eaten red meat in 37 yrs. However, I love to bake and prefer carbs. Soo, have been reading alot about clean eating since last year, and adopting it more and more, this looks like a good place for inspiration. Thank you.
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies (am I really the only guy doing this?).... Also brand new to this group as of 10 minutes ago, MFP community 4 days ago, MFP since September, primarily clean eating and mainly vegetarian for the last 18 months, and I am now transitioning to full vegan and whole foods! Wow, what a struggle it is to find vegan whole foods! I'd love to have Whole Foods folk in my friends list so we can learn directly from each other's timeline and diaries. If any of you can handle a guy in your list, please add me... Mike
    63398348.png