Fasting

Options
Hello all,
I started to fast on 7/15 to regain control over my eating habits. It has been time consuming because of the amount juicing that is involved but I feel that it’s worth the effort. I haven’t been craving much of anything and today is the first time that I’ve had true hunger pangs. Once the pangs leave it is a matter of staying busy mentally/physically to direct my attention elsewhere.
Has anyone tried fasting before? If so, how many days did you fast and what did you do to pull you through. I’m in Nashville, TN and I will appreciate any advice you have to offer

Thanks
Randy

Replies

• MorningWhispers
    Options
    I did a juice fast, lasted about 4 days. On the 5th day I was okay until my son cooked his dinner and I just caved in and ate.

I lost 7 pounds during those 4 days though.

I have decided that I am one of those people who can't do a long term juice fast - it's hard when you have to grocery shop and cook for someone besides yourself.

Instead of a regular juice fast, I am on a modified fast - I juice breakfast, most of my lunch - I do eat a little of what I am putting in the juicer. I usually go workout at the gym in the afternoon and the workout leaves me hungry for real food. So I eat a small snack - usually a piece of fruit right after and then I eat a healthy dinner in the evening.

I try to not eat past 630 -7pm and I drink lots of water.

I am feeling pretty good and the modified fast seems to be much more sustainable for me than a long term complete fast.
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I researched intermittant fasting - two to three times a week-keeping calories under 500 - There appears to be a lot of health benefits - I managed to do it a week or so - ANd I plan to incorporate it in to my current routine - Goal is twice weekly - You can do anything for a day - and it does empower you
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    Randy to help cut down on the time it's taking to make the juice try preparing all your veggies the night before. (I put mine in a big Rubbermaid container once they are cleaned, chopped, peeled or whatever). Then in the morning make enough juice to last you for the entire day - get mason jars with lids and fill the jars to the top before putting the lids on to cut down on the oxygen that gets in.

This way you only have to clean the juicer once for the entire day and when you want a juice you can just grab one of the jars and pour it into your glass.

The juice will keep like that for a couple of days but it's always best to drink the juice soon after you make it for the most health benefits.