Land's End to John O Groats Indoor Row

Options
robinrows
robinrows Posts: 57 Member
A few years ago I decided to raise money by doing 25 half marathons on an indoor rower in a month. I decided to try a bigger challenge, again on an indoor rower. So I decided, fairly at random, to “row” from Land’s End to John O’ Groats (1309km).

And yes I know Land’s End to John O’ Groats is over-land, that’s why I am doing a “virtual row” using an indoor rower. I’m not intending on rowing up the M5. It’s against the law I’m told. Especially on an indoor rower that doesn’t actually move anywhere.

It’s going to take me about 2 months. I need to finish by the 13th March, as I have a holiday booked so this is my ultimate target completion date. I started on the 29th December.

I am supporting two charities, Salvation Army Homeless Fund and Environmental Protection UK (http://www.environmental-protection.org.uk). As EPUK are not on JustGiving I intend to match any donations receive to Salvation Army to EPUK from my own pocket (up to £1000).

You can follow my progress and sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Robin-Lancefield1, or via Twitter (@robinlancefield) and Facebook. I will update progress here as well.

Replies