Welcome, Newbies! What Do You Need to Know?

Options
13»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    "Bump chain", "Bümpfest" or "Bump rush" means a consecutive string of posts that employ the B-word. :*
  • snlhaggerty
    snlhaggerty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ty bump
  • lawsprings22
    lawsprings22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    What does "bump" mean for the social media illiterate.

Bump is just a way to get a particular conversation back to the top of the page. Any word would do :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    benwould wrote: »
    Holy fats Baconslave! I just started LC for the first time. I've read a ton on other sites which just generated more questions. I come here and all my questions were answered from your posts and organized info! Thanks sooo much for putting the time in.
    Cheers, Ben

I know! @baconslave is awesome!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    benwould wrote: »
    Holy fats ...

:joy:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    What does "bump" mean for the social media illiterate.

Anytime someone comments (any word) it bumps that thread to the top of the list, hence.... bump! to get it to the top even if you don't have anything to add. If something is so important it shouldn't be lost on the 3rd, 274th page, etc.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Bumperoo
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think it is time this headed to the top again.

Lots of good information on the Launchpad up ^^^^^ have a look.
  • act2redux
    act2redux Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to make the food diary reflect the low card style....it keeps trying to force me to gobble more gunk....is it a settings issue or ??
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    You can set your percentages in settings. Get it as close to your goal as possible, but it only sets in grams with the pay version. Of course, when you exercise, it's going to add calories and carbs. You can't really turn that off. I avoid it by setting all my exercise to 1 calorie when I enter it. Then it doesn't mess with my calories or carbs to any degree. With the website (not the app) you can install a script for Firefox or Chrome that will make a Net Carbs column provided you have both Carbs and Fiber as columns in your settings. That script link is at the bottom of the 1st page of the Launch Pad. (You have to install Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey to the browser first from Extensions or Add-Ons and then install the script.) But again that only works for the website. I don't bother with that since it doesn't work on the app. I switch back and forth throughout the day btw the site and the app. So I keep the Carbs and Fiber columns next to each other and do mental subtraction on the fly. You can keep track of that in your Notes.

HTH.