Trying to gain weight

Options
Hamsibian
Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
Hi! I have to eat low carb (around 100-120g net daily) for Crohn's Disease. However, my goal is to gain weight as I am underweight at the moment. I was just wondering if there is anyone else trying to gain, and what are some tips that you may have?

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anyone here trying to gain but just based on my own personal experience of when I easily gained without wanting to, eat even when you're not hungry.
    Definitely make use of the fatty coffee for easy extra calories.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Up your calories by upping your fat consumption. It's also low volume and calorie dense so it won't take much food to hit your calories.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Meet your daily protein needs via beef ribs or chicken wings rubbed in olive oil. Given the macro ratios, if you don't gain weight off of that, you're not human.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love how this is the exact same advice I see people giving to those who aren't losing weight in some facebook groups! Lol
    Not losing weight? You aren't eating enough! Duh!
    Ok. Sorry. I've been in some FB battles the last couple days. ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    nuts and nut butters are another great way to cram in more calories
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Meet your daily protein needs via beef ribs or chicken wings rubbed in olive oil. Given the macro ratios, if you don't gain weight off of that, you're not human.

Loool sometimes I feel like I'm not human at all because it's so hard for me to gain weight. I have a lot of food sensitivities as well, but all of. Your suggestions have given me some great ideas. Thank you!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hamsibian wrote: »

Loool sometimes I feel like I'm not human at all because it's so hard for me to gain weight. I have a lot of food sensitivities as well, but all of. Your suggestions have given me some great ideas. Thank you!

I mainly say what I did because beef ribs tend to be roughly 25g fat to 35g protein all on their own, so when you add in an olive oil rubdown, you'll end up closer to 45g fat to 35g protein in a roughly 4.2 oz. serving: pretty close to 550 kcals. You'll notice that 4.2 oz isn't a whole lot of food. Eat a half pound like that, three times per day, and you're pushing 3300 kcals, just from ribs.