Jump into January

Options
BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Let's jump into January
Start as we mean to go on. I'm personally determined to get fitter. A fresh month... a fresh new year ( 2017) . A fresh start!

What are your goals? What do you want to achieve? How are you planning to achieve them? Let's commit today.
Have a great month

Replies

• UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,939 Member
    Options
    A fresh start, indeed. It is time for me to finally break off this plateau. I've lost & found the same five pounds so many times, it ceased to be funny several months ago. The potato chip challenge is just the first step. I've been weighing & measuring food quantities again. The upside is my guesstimates were pretty close.

I might just break down and buy myself a scale for home use. I've never been one for weighing myself as I always figured it was just one metric of many... but since it's not changing with the previous regime, it's time to change things up. I'm thinking weekly at the start... and if things don't turn around, then it'll be daily.

Someone mentioned a plank challenge. I've been working on core regularly but I dearly despise planking... so I might have to start doing some. sigh...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do some yoga at home to maintain my mood issue, but after an upper body workout on weight machines at the gym I always feel up.
    I hope to figure out a way to get to the gym more often.
  • Karen_8992
    Karen_8992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm ready for a fresh start with a new commitment. I'm going to focus on successes in one day at a time through the entire January. Positive mind sets with exercising four times a week at least. I want the exercising to be a variety of ways and not stuck with one type of exercising. I need variety to succeed. LET'S GOOOOOO!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Karen_8992 wrote: »
    I'm ready for a fresh start with a new commitment. I'm going to focus on successes in one day at a time through the entire January. Positive mind sets with exercising four times a week at least. I want the exercising to be a variety of ways and not stuck with one type of exercising. I need variety to succeed. LET'S GOOOOOO!

Let's go indeed .... we can do this Karen x
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to focus on my binge issues. One meal at a time, more like 15 min at a time - hold off eating for 15 min, and if I can do that, I try for 15 min more.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    I'm going to try to focus on my binge issues. One meal at a time, more like 15 min at a time - hold off eating for 15 min, and if I can do that, I try for 15 min more.

Keep us posted on how you get on.
    U can do it
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Not too bad so far. Just a few cans of Pringles on the way home from work. It's such a habit, wanting to munch in the car after work. Like I'm de-stressing from the day. Much like when I used to smoke cigs - always want to light up in the car.