Weekly Post 01.01. - 07.01.2017

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Quote from Mamainthekitchen:
Well people, another year is gone and another new one upon us! Here's to sticking with a great group of 5:2rs whether or not we succeed each day or not... it's the long haul, right? Cheers everyone! Happy new year!

Nothing to add B)

lzqc9yrqpdnh.jpg

Replies

• orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Well that's wild looking...

Happy New Year Everyone
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Cold and foggy night...then this as the fog lifted around noon. Very rare to have such clear lines between frost and no frost
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    That's a beautiful picture!!!!
    Happy New Year everyone!!!!!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Flumi you need to enter that gorgeous photo in some sort of contest!!

I'm fasting today, had a 1/2 cup of shreddies with 1/2 cup milk at noon today, not sure what I'm doing for dinner but I'll bore you all with details later as that should keep me accountable for the day! (Needing a little kick start here :# )
    Who else is fasting today? What are your exercise & meal plans?
    Heading out now for 6k walk in the brilliant sunshine but it's freezing!!!! Brrrrr
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Beautiful pictures, joining in wishing the best for everyone this new year!

I'm fasting today. I've been trying eating dinner to dinner with success with dinner just being what a tub of what I'd eat for breakfast and a tub of what I'd eat with lunch, some eggs, and a little pasta I ended up loving.

Despite going over maintenance several days in December, I've managed maintain my two fasts.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great photo, great quote, not so great of a start for me with a 'fast' of 800 cal today and a bruised foot that is restricting my activity. I'm not worried though, even if I am having guests and lots of people around for the rest of the week which will make it hard to get another fast in. I know I am going back to it fully on January 9 (when school is back in session). I had sautéed tofu for dinner and a home-made Waldorf salad with veganaise plus a piece of home-made challah bread with Earth Balance. At least I enjoyed it! Best New Year's wishes to all. :)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Make that 850 cal - I forgot to account for the walnuts in the salad . . .
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    First fast of the year and so far so good. Coffee for breakfast. Mini hot cross bun for lunch. It's terrible I know but so yummy. My neighbor makes them fresh so I had to try it while it was hot and yummy. Cup of soup for dinner.
    I'm working a 3-11 shift at the nursing home so I haven't had time to feel hungry lol.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did pretty well today, fasting most of day and had one of my favs for dinner of coleslaw with a peanut dressing topped with a few nuts, then a lime yogurt for dessert. I ruined it all with some wine while watching the premier of the bachelor.. I know, I'm a sucker for that show! My intentions were good, so that's how I'm ending my day :#
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Finished my looooong shift. 24+ thousand steps
    A successful fast day but I am knackered.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    First FD of 2017 planned for today. Sounds like you are all heading into the new year with great intentions....I think I'll join you! I stepped on the scale on 1/1 and man, were the holidays rough on me. Today, I'll go for my walk and do some calisthenics related to ballet after. I may go to class tonight. Just listened to a great podcast about IF. If I can figure out how to post here, I'll include the link. It was a great kick in the pants and helped motivate me to fast for other reasons beyond weight loss.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    First fast of the day for me, a couple of raw carrots during the day and a bowl of none thickened veg stew this evening, Exercise wise 25 mins on a spin bike, about an hour walking, then 41 mins of weight/circuit training. This was way better than yesterday when I was so de motivated I only managed 15 mins on the weights.

Next fast day is Thursday when I am working for the morning, so that helps.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Options
    That is first fast day of the year. Read before posting Doooooohhhhhhh
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    Sooooo tired today. I wonder if that is due to my fast yesterday or my 12 midnight finishing work
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Successful fast behind me. Today, my older son gets his wisdom teeth pulled, so I'll be preoccupied with him.

Karen, it's probably a combination of both in addition to the holidays and that weird feeling of trying to get back to normalcy. My fast days tend to be fairly consistentent in how they go, but then again, they vary. Some days, I've got lots of energy, and others not so much. Last night, I had difficulty getting to sleep because I was so incredibly hungry. That isn't typical and found I woke up with part of my pillow in my mouth :p

• Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the first fast of the new year for hubby & myself. He had a Dr appt last nite and she was very pleased with his weight loss over the last few months (20+ pounds ♥). I'm a little jealous cuz the weight is coming off v.e.r.y slowly for me, but oh well - it is what it is, lol. I'm thinking about a B2B today but it will probably just end up being a "lower than TDEE" day since Thursday is our normal fast day and I don't want to do 3 days in a row...
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Good job on your first fasts!!

Mine is tomorrow...as well as my first day back at work and it will be a busy one. Food is planned and prepped, so all should go as logged.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Options
    2nd fast day of the week. Ooh and 2nd fast day of the year lol. Yesterday was another late night at work. But I have today off and what feels like 75 million jobs to do. I think I'll be too busy to even contemplate eating lol.
    My plan today is pretty much the same as every day. Coffee for breakfast. Cup of soup for lunch and a small serving of dinner
    Happy week 1 everyone