2016 in Review

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
For the first time since I reached goal in 2004, I gained weight over the course of the past year. I was up 2.3 pounds yesterday from what I was on 12/31/15. It could have been much worse though -- had I not dropped several pounds since the beginning of November, it would have been more like 10+ pounds above this time last year.

I know that 2.3 pounds over the course of a year doesn't sound like much but it could be the beginning of a trend. Not to mention that it means that I'm 4+ pounds above goal. I didn't get to 202 pounds overnight (although it seemed like it sometimes). It was a slow "creep" over several years. And remember that I'm only 5' tall so every pound shows. The good news is that I was able to zip a pair of jeans this morning that I couldn't zip the first of November.

One of the things that was different in 2016 from other years was that I got out of the habit of weighing every morning. I've thought for years that that was something that was really helpful to me. Now I know that it is! So my spreadsheet for 2017 is all set up and I will be weighing every morning regardless of what shows up on the scale! That's pretty much the only New Year's resolution I'm making!

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    Options
    If you're interested in the numbers -- I had 300 days where I didn't weigh (82% of the year). Of the 65 days that I did weigh, I had 4 days where I stayed the same, 34 days with a loss, and 27 days with a gain. And some of those gains were BIG gains because it was sometime a month or two between morning weigh-ins.
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    I'll have to double check but I think I am down about 2.3 LB for the same period of 2016. I always believe in balance in the universe. Cindy gains, I lose. Cindy loses, I gain. It all evens out. LOL
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    podkey wrote: »
    I'll have to double check but I think I am down about 2.3 LB for the same period of 2016. I always believe in balance in the universe. Cindy gains, I lose. Cindy loses, I gain. It all evens out. LOL

Sort of like how elections work. I vote for someone, someone else votes for the other person. So the votes cancel each other out. :)