Inspire Protein Shakes

Options
jamielslater
jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
Can you tell me what your favorite flavors are if you like this protein shake brand, and can you heat or cook with it?
Thank you

Replies

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi @jamieeldred - I really like those shakes, it took some time but I really like the Mexican Hot Chocolate (different texture due to pea protein), Cafe Bella, Blueberry Cheesecake, and Pumpkin Pie. I also like their ready to drink shakes but unfortunately they are being discontinued but they told me that eventually they will come back as an improved version.

I will caution you that they really don't have much of a return policy so if you don't like something you are out of the money.

I also really like Eat The Bear, Chike (coffee flavors), Click, and also Quest and Syntrax Sweets.

Hope that helps!
    Jen
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi @Jamieeldred - I am an Inspire protein drinker as well, like Jen above said, they don't really have a return policy, so you are stuck with something if you don't like it. I love the Cafe Bella, Vanilla Bean, Dutch Chocolate cake, Peanut Butter cup, Mexican chocolate(that one takes a little getting used to as it's pea protein), Orange cream(really good in the summer with ice added, it's like a creamsicle) and Pumpkin pie so far. I just got the Blueberry cheesecake, and Pom Raspberry flavors, though i haven't tried them yet. They have all kinds of deals right now on Mashups (2 different flavors) and a $5 off coupon. I drink the Cafe Bella in my coffee every morning, you have to mix it first with a little bit of cold water to get it smooth and then you can mix into hot drinks. The unflavored powder is popular in cooking, according to what i've seen other people say, i've never done it. Good luck!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Quest is the best I've found for mixing in hot or baking. I use it to make my cheesecakes! And every morning I have it in coffee...but I do use an immersion blender or my Ninja (when at home)
  • BrokenAlice
    BrokenAlice Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My favorite Inspire flavor has been the Coconut that is only available for a limited time as a seasonal flavor. I am stocking up on that one! My favorite everyday flavors are Carmel Latte and Peanut Butter Cookie. The Unflavored is great for adding into soups.

When it comes to mixing with hot liquid, you have to "temper" the powder first. Meaning mix the powder with a little cold water and mix until smooth, then slowly add the hot liquid (soup, coffee, etc) and stir stir stir. I don't recommend cooking with it because the protein will change in texture if it gets too hot. That's why you have to temper it first.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    Quest is the best I've found for mixing in hot or baking. I use it to make my cheesecakes! And every morning I have it in coffee...but I do use an immersion blender or my Ninja (when at home)

I love Quest protein powder!! I never even heard of Inspire, I will have to check it out. I was at Costco the other day and I saw that Premier Protein now has Banana Cream flavor, I bought some but haven't tried it yet. Premier Protein is my favorite as far as pre-made protein drinks.
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @garber6th if you know anyone with a Sam's card...or check local Walmarts for four packs...Premier Protein also has CARAMEL. OMG. TOTALLY MY FAVORITE. I brought CASES back from Michigan! I've seen it sporadically in different Sam's, but never in Costco. The banana has been in Sam's for quite some time. Excited to hear it finally hit Costco! (Costco member with Sam's friends!)
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @jcavanna2 How was the Quest Cookies and Cream?
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 I never had the cookies and cream - things have been crazy around here and we wound up having a snack instead rather than a protein shake..crazy but we are selling our house and buying a new one on the other side of our community. Our next door neighbors who are our closest friends here told us they bought a house here and said the one next door is available..Taylors good friend lives a few houses away and the space is better for us. Totally not planned -- we put a lot of work in our house over the summer and we're going to stay put till we figure out if we are going to move back to Ny or not. Told Eric that moving back to Ny is off the table...
  • garber6th
    Options
    @garber6th if you know anyone with a Sam's card...or check local Walmarts for four packs...Premier Protein also has CARAMEL. OMG. TOTALLY MY FAVORITE. I brought CASES back from Michigan! I've seen it sporadically in different Sam's, but never in Costco. The banana has been in Sam's for quite some time. Excited to hear it finally hit Costco! (Costco member with Sam's friends!)

I have to find the Premier Protein caramel!!! The Quest salted caramel is my new favorite, so I am sure I will love it. Thanks for the heads up!
  • jamielslater
    Options

Would you be willing to share the cheesecake recipe?
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @Jamieeldred I will happily share! *there really is a pause here...pretend for effect*

Healthy Protein Cheesecake | Ingredients
    •12oz Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    •10oz Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    •2 Whole Eggs
    •2 Tbsp Swerve (can use any artificial sweetener, I only use Swerve)
    •¼ Cup Milk
    •1.5 Servings Quest Protein (I've used several different flavors)
    •Dash Salt

Healthy Protein Cheesecake | Preparation

Protein cheesecake recipe
    1.Preheat oven to 325°
    2.Soften cream cheese in a large mixing bowl by pressing down with a spoon.
    3.Add eggs and Swerve and mix using an electric mixer.
    4.Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing for 2-3min.
    5.Pour in baking pan (6” pan works best) lined with parchment paper for best results.
    6.Bake at 325° for 25min then turn down the oven to 200° and continue baking for an additional hour.
    7.Let cool in fridge for 4-5 hours, add topping and destroy!

I usually do the recipe x1.5, I've used several different toppings (I'll look for my no sugar added chocolate sauce) and several different crusts. It's awesome crustless!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    @NicoleL874 I was on Amazon yesterday looking at Premier protein shakes and saw the caramel one. I emailed the company (a la @jcavanna2 ) and asked if they sold them in singles or sample sizes so I could try them before buying a whole case. I haven't heard back yet though. I might just go for it and order.
  • NicoleL874
    Options
    @chubby_checkers, if you like caramel, and you like their chocolate, I cannot imagine you being upset about it. If you look at local Walmarts, you might find some four packs, or they may be able to order you a four pack.
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    @chubby_checkers, if you like caramel, and you like their chocolate, I cannot imagine you being upset about it. If you look at local Walmarts, you might find some four packs, or they may be able to order you a four pack.

My local big box store has it in a 4 pack. We're making a grocery run tonight, so I'm adding it to my list. I'm excited!
  • garber6th
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I didn't see the caramel at Costco at the store but they are selling it online and it's $5 off (19.99 for the 18 pack)
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Our Costco didn't have the Caramel Premier Protein shakes last week, but did have the Bananas and Cream. I bought a case since they were on sale. Have to say, I wasn't thrilled with the one I drank straight out of the package . This morning, tho, I mixed it up with ice, 1/2 a frozen banana, 2 strawberries, and a dash of vanilla, and it was much better.
  • jamielslater
    Options
    I ordered the caramel online. I am a huge fan of the chocolate so ai can't wait for it to get here.
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    I bought the caramel ones on my last grocery trip. They're not bad. The caramel flavor is really mild. I'd definitely buy it again.
  • garber6th
    Options
    I just got the caramel yesterday and tried one this morning, the flavor is mild for sure but it's pretty yummy!
  • jamielslater
    Options
    I received my caramel premere protein shakes today. I heated it in the microwave and added decaf coffee and I loved it. Tastes a lot like a caramel latte. Was really nice since it is only 0 degrees here.