Hello from the other side...

Options
InfoomaousTete
InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
Happy New Year All,

So I’ve been a MFPer since 2012 when I lost 60 pounds over 18 months. I ended up gaining 40 back by 2015. So in Jan of 2016, I recommitted myself to logging and exercising and got 28 of the 40 off again.

Both times have been only using CICO as a guide and eating whatever I wanted. Even though the weight is still going down, I am not feeling the benefits. I long to have energy both physically and mentally and I believe starting LCHF maybe the answer, or at very least worth a solid committed try.

There is no doubt in my mind I have a sugar/carb addiction and as long as I was losing weight I was ok with feeling like crap, but I want more for myself so here I am…

Day 1 was a good start. I have my macros set to 10/60/30 and ended up at 11/61/28.

Well thanks in advanced for any help and support and I'll be seeing you around.

X,
Christa

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christa! The Launchpad in the stickied threads at the top is a great place to learn more about this way of eating.
  • InfoomaousTete
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Welcome Christa! The Launchpad in the stickied threads at the top is a great place to learn more about this way of eating.

Thanks so much, I'll look into it. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    So happy to hear you're looking for more than just weight loss! I think having a focus on feeling great is such an amazing gift that we can give to ourselves. We've all probably focused way too much on just losing weight even if risking overall health to get it at one point in our lives. We weren't taking proper care of ourselves in doing that so it's a major statement when we are able to declare that health and feeling good matter more.
  • InfoomaousTete
    Options
    Welcome!
    So happy to hear you're looking for more than just weight loss! I think having a focus on feeling great is such an amazing gift that we can give to ourselves. We've all probably focused way too much on just losing weight even if risking overall health to get it at one point in our lives. We weren't taking proper care of ourselves in doing that so it's a major statement when we are able to declare that health and feeling good matter more.

Thank you for the welcome Sunny Bunny. I truly am working towards my health this time and letting the weight loss be a side benefit. :)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. Welcome.