New Member looking for help

Options
lashonda28
lashonda28 Posts: 17 Member
I am really in need of advice. So I've been eating at 1200-1400 calories for about 8 months. And so far I lost 9 pounds. As for my workouts, I was doing insanity or I would send 2hrs 5xs a week at the gym doing some type of class. Now my Tdee is 2220. Also, I'm on my feet 7 hrs while I'm working. I used a polar hrm and I burn about 900-1100 calories alone at work. So if you were me how many calories would you eat? How much exercise is too much? I'm wondering if my metabolism is damage because I haven't lost any weight in 4 months and I have always been on a low calorie diet? I also have a body fat caliper and i haven't lost much body fat. But i have lost 2 inches off my waist. Now my current plan is hip hop abs for the next 2 months. I'm also 5'2, female, 30% body fat, 150 pounds, ..thanks for ur time

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow you do a lot of cardio and you are active at work as well. You are "very active" at least. Just a suggestion, consider cutting back a bit on the cardio and incorporate strength training. Lifting weights transforms the body, helps build and keep muscle which will in turn help you to burn off the fat. Since you've been eating low cals for a while, why not do a metabolic reset where you eat your TDEE for 8-12wks.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitors are not accurate for anything other than workouts. It does sound like you are very active!! I would up calories for sure. I would say you burn more than 2200 on average. 5'3 and increasing my calories as I was stuck. I was eating 1800 and stuck around 135 for a year. Gained weight on vaca and decided to work my way up to TDEE. I'm at 144 now.
  • lashonda28
    lashonda28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @lucia I was reading the New rules for lifting for women and I came across the metabolism reset and for sure I started that. Howver, I do believe too much cardio can not be s benefit. So tommorow I will start as workout plan just for strength training 3 xs a week and I sm so excited to start lifting heavy. IM NOT NEWBIE TO WEIGHTS. but thank you for your advice and friend request

@bluthlover I only use my heart rate monitor for exercising nothing else. But I have to say I love my polar its better to use that then to go off of MFP exercises thats already logged in. Yes, I would say I am active but when I calculated my tdee, I think I put I work out 3 to 5 hrs a week which is true but I didn't know if I should included more being thst I'm on my feet at work for 7 hr walking most of the day. That's where I am stuck now? Thanks for u help also.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    When I am at work, I am on my feet 7-8 hours a day. I have a BodyMedia and the calorie burn I get from working puts me even higher than "very active". It definitely sounds like you fit that category as well. Hope that helps!
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Describe a typical day for you. I have a body media and it says I burn 2500 a day. Here's my routine. I workout 6 times a week.
    Monday- 30 min cardio 60 min body pump.
    Tues- 60 min cardio average hr 130.
    Wed- Zumba 60 min. 30 min strong lifts.
    Thurs- 30 min cardio 30 min strong lifts.
    Fri- Zumba 60 min.
    Sat- 70 min cardio. Incline program on my treadmill.
    Sunday - rest.

My days are fairly active. Stay at home mom. On my feet cleaning/taking care of kids/etc most of the day. I do sit sometimes though and it's not like I'm running all over my house :)

Hope this helps... I would guess you burn more than I.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Use this to include already active day plus exercise.

Same formula the rough 5 levels use, just some help on figuring out the hours to count.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1018770-better-rough-tdee-estimate-than-5-level-chart

Because you are right, standing and moving all day does count and usually starts you off a level higher without exercise counting yet.