Healthy Habits and Weight Management Challenge

Options
kconnell628
kconnell628 Posts: 28 Member
Happy New Year! Our challenge begins on Monday, January 9. Registration begins on Wednesday, January 4. Please join the movement!

Replies

• tinalouisemanley
    tinalouisemanley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm ready! Let's get this challenge on!
  • lloser1
    lloser1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I joined the group
  • canoerbill
    canoerbill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in.
  • bsharmuth
    bsharmuth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge!
  • LukeWalmer
    LukeWalmer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't let the snow hold you back EEC Team! Get moving this weekend, we can do it!
  • canoerbill
    Options
    I am liking this program. I am finding out cutting portions down and cutting calories is working for me. I never paid attention to how much foods have calories and by over eating even healthy foods is as bad as eating bad foods. In recent years I eat fairly healthy (except EEC pot luck meals). By cutting portions of the good stuff has caused me to loose 3lbs in 4 days. I am not even on official weigh in yet but sure the 8 lbs will be obtainable. I set goal of 220 from 262lbs. I know it will be a hard struggle to obtain that but I am optimistic I can do it in time. So far I am staying under 1800 calories a day,allowed 2200 per this program and I am having results better then expected. Even for a 65 year old this program is working. Good luck to my team mates!
  • fotoguy58
    fotoguy58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • joyceellen1941
    joyceellen1941 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am excited! I have always loved working out, eating as healthy as possible and over all wellness/fitness, but it seems that as I get older, finding time to work on myself has become more difficult. This may be the fire I need to get back on track!
  • joyceellen1941
    Options
    You can't cross the sea by merely standing and staring at the water. Rabindrath Tagore
  • fulmerd13
    fulmerd13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in and ready.
  • brycew411
    brycew411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A smooth sea never created a skilled sailor....so enjoy the rough seas!

Let's health-up team!
  • kconnell628
    edited January 2017
    Options
    We're 1/2 way through week 1 of the Challenge. Let's check in- what's working for you? What's challenging? Share your words of wisdom and inspiration.
  • canoerbill
    Options
    Cutting back on portions seems to be working for me. Even eating to much of good foods is still calories I don't need. Also stopped sweet drinks with high fructose corn syrup. Drinking more water.
  • joyceellen1941
    Options
    MAKIING HEALTHY CHANGES gradually. I have given up caffeine and I am walking more, I have also started to increase my workout time. Not much change just yet but I am still tailoring my eating habits, RESULTS: all in due time.
  • bsharmuth
    bsharmuth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Now eating more fruits and no more sugary drinks. Instead of a cupcake or candies I'll grab an Orange or Apple. Trying to drink more water because I don't drink enough of it. Still working up to a good exercise routine. All in all I'm feeling good!
  • kconnell628
    Options
    Love the comments so far! We are making healthy changes and feeling good!!
  • LukeWalmer
    LukeWalmer Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Get out there weekend warriors! Not always easy but always worth it - keep moving!

dhn1enw4swjs.jpg
  • fotoguy58
    fotoguy58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Went cold turkey on soda when this started, lost 5 pounds first week! Cut portions, seems to be working. Long way to go weight wise, but it's a start. Back to the gym and my kettle bells are a must