After dinner cravings

Options
ladycc212
ladycc212 Posts: 6 Member
I just started yesterday cutting out sugar and white flour. So far I've been so good. I am craving sugar. It's my main weakness. What are your tricks to beat the cravings?

Replies

• nxr013
    nxr013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sugar cravings are the worst. It's really an addiction. What worked for me was really just not consuming any form of sugar for about 2 weeks (not even fruit). It's really, really, really hard and you get some monstrous headaches from the sugar withdrawals but once you hit the 2 week mark, you start to feel really good.
  • ladycc212
    ladycc212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ugh! 2 weeks! I'm going to be strong. 2 days down, 12 to go.
  • CrazyBaseballMom28
    Options
    I agree with sugar it is getting over the hump. I also found probiotics help but I still fall down the rabbit hole just not as bad as before without a good probiotic.
  • 123Scoots
    123Scoots Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't eliminate any food from my diet. It's not sustainable for me and I don't think it's the best example to set for my daughter. If I want something sweet, I eat fruit--pineapple, watermelon, grapes, mandarin oranges, etc. That's what I snack on after dinner.

Please don't interpret what I said in a judgmental way. We all want to eat healthier and lose weight. The journey to accomplish that will take a different route for each of us. Find what works best for you and do it. This is what works for me.
  • Amandaleigh3
    Amandaleigh3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My after dinner go to is herbal teas. Teavana teas are my favorite and are so rich and good it almost feels like a desser. Almost...
  • ForMyGuys
    ForMyGuys Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do tea when I get the munchies or a sweet tooth after dinner too. I have a variety but my favorite right now being clearanced out at the grocery store as a season item. Celestial Seasonings Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland. Sweet enough to not need any honey or sugar.