January 3-10 2017

Options
Aprilfoolbride
Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Groups
Happy, healthy New Year!

What healthy actions are you taking?

I'm rising early to pray and do Yoga first thing. Plus tracking food.

Replies

• Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    2017-health.jpg
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Killing it this year with the early rising for am yoga. Now all I need to do is get better at going to sleep on time. Eating is a B+.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    good morning and happy new year!

So great that you are getting up early to get the yoga in. What a great start to the day! I am like you though...need to get to bed on time.

I have been getting my exercise in, not a problem there for me. Its so routine now I just do it. It is the eating that I REALLY need to work on. I have been doing a lot of strength workouts and am just loving them. I have several of the beachbody dvd's (hammer and chisel, body beast, chalean extreme) so I just mix them up some with my running. However, not sure I can even say that because I have not been running in awhile. I've taken my longest break from running ever.

I need to work on my night time snacking. I do great until supper in done, then I can't seem to stop.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Options
    Hello! 6-7am is my new favorite. It's a magical hour before my family gets up.

I've been slacking in the real exercise department, need to make it routine. Waay too cold to be outside. Need to bring bag to work with clothes etc. So I can workout at lunch.

Ugh nighttime eating, its a challenge for me too.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. Training for a half ironman at the same time as my hubby trained for a full ironman burned both of us out in a lot of different ways. Been spending a few months resting, recuperating, and getting a better balance between who does what in our house.
    I found out I have free life coaching through our insurance, so I'm giving it a whirl. We set some goals to actively reduce stress. I'm active, I know what I should eat (I just don't follow it all the time) but all the stress in my life I think contributes to both my weight, migraines, and my stress eating I tend to do. So instead of the symptoms, I want to address the root issue.
    I journal if I experience stress and write what I did and what I should do differently. I rate each day's level of stress, and I've created a list of things I need to g done but never get to. I'm working on that list 5-10 minutes every day. It's only been a few days, but I'm helpful.
    I've gotten back to strength training this week, and I've gone a week without any sugary snacks. It's been good, and I think another week or two and I'll have kicked the habit of turning to chocolate or ice cream when I'm feeling peckish.

Hope you all are doing well!
  • valmaebel
    Options
    April - My weather is opposite here. Hard to train outside in the summer. Right now it's highs in the upper 60s and gorgeous! So excited to do some trail runs and things this week!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    good morning!

Nasty cold out there this morning, its -22C and we had quite a dumping of snow yesterday. It will be a slow crawl to work this morning, but hopefully the plows have been out. Working 8-5 today, will probably pick up a few groceries after work.

I got a workout in on Saturday, but Sunday was strickly a shovelling day. Lol So I guess I really did get my exercise in yesterday as well. I am feeling it a bit in my back this morning.

val - good for you and the half ironman! And hubby for the full ironman! My dh has done a few of them too, but I've never even considered it. He's done the Mont Tremblant one a in Quebec few times. So beautiful there, almost like a little European town or something.

April - yes, much too cold here as well for outdoor exercise. So glad that I have my dvd's.

Well, must go! Not looking forward to my drive
  • valmaebel
    Options
    Man am I sore! I might just do Pilates today and give my body and extra day to recover from that strength workout I did. I'd rather not injure anything. My daughter wants to do the Pilates video with me anyway, so this will be a good chance to do it together.

Yesterday was busy, but Sunday is my busiest day. Working at a church does that. I lead three different kids groups...two in the morning and one at night. But I was able to get all the classrooms covered easily, and got everything done that I needed to. Overall it was a good day.

Today I work in the morning, and then I'm probably taking DS to the mall so he can spend his birthday money. He wants to buy Batman Legos.

Grocery shopping today as well, but a calmer evening. Kids start school back up today, so it'll be nice to be back into a normal routine.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Aprilfoolbride
    edited January 2017
    Options
    So glad to read everyone's updates :)

@maureli, we didn't get the snow that you got but it sure is c-c-c-old, yesterday's high was 21. And windy. So you're smart to use your DVDs.

Valma, so ambitious to do a half marathon, good on you! And great to take advantage of EVERYTHING your employer offers. Why not? Last year I had 6 free sessions with a coach to talk about stress management.

I'm SUPER happy about my 2lb weight loss! Yay me! I wasn't perfect but I was consistent and even had yummy pizza. What I didn't do was go crazy.
    fe2b3d690678f91686638d4ad6d620d6.jpg

I'm continuing to rise at 6AM. This morning I started reading the Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook: The 6-week Plan to Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person http://amzn.to/2jabuQi It's all about changing your thinking. I always believed I felt because of the way I acted. Actually, I act because of how I feel. Maybe you already knew that lol. Anyway, it doesn't have any diet agenda, just recommends that you find a diet that you can sustain and then have a backup diet so you have a Plan B.
  • valmaebel
    Options
    Basically, this next nine months is recuperate and recover for our family. We aren't taking big vacations, we're letting both our bodies and our wallets recover.
  • valmaebel
    Options
    Ugh....I typed this whole long thing out, and it only posted the first line. I forgot this app hates emojis and pouts when I use them. I'll come back later and attempt to reiterate what I wrote. For now I'm off to get everyone ready!