Options
huango
huango Posts: 1,007 Member
I have a new obsession:
- butternut squash noodles!!! or bunoodles

They are just fantastic!
Crunchy, chewy, yummy!
I can't get enough of them!

15825834_10212018816011641_6266202299229681527_n.jpg?oh=0b3856c8d964fa03cfe1e3ffdf961884&oe=58E3E0EE

15822565_10212018907933939_2396433762690204558_n.jpg?oh=f631f868993fc99e467381fc88a76ca2&oe=592302F5

15823259_10212018902573805_8027892719873814002_n.jpg?oh=9a1e861e9daa14c409bf95cb820f15b8&oe=58E819E7

recipe: I baked mine for a total of about 30 minutes, with several stirring, to keep from charring and dry up the 'noodles' more.
awholenewtwist.com/butternut-squash-noodles/

I made this for tonight's dinner:
awholenewtwist.com/sausage-and-kale-over-butternut/

(sorry if it's already been posted.
please delete if this belongs somewhere else)

Amanda

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy.
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I tried steaming some and was not impressed. I'll try this next time.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    That peeler thingy is amazing! Mine is like a large pencil sharpener. Lol
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That looks super amazing -- I hadn't considered using a butternut squash!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options

They had similar ones on sale on Amazon yesterday. I used to use a mandolin and was terrified every time of slicing my hand. The spiralizer is much easier
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ good deal on this one, extra discount in about 40 minutes if you're a prime member
    Vegetable Slicer, Mospro Strongest and Heaviest Duty, Best Tri Blade Veggie Pasta and Spaghetti Maker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ELD0WXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jk.Byb66GH3ST
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Does look fantastic. the "I cannot get enough of them" worries me a little. I tend to go all in on that sort of thing.

thanks for posting. I have the pencil sharpener type thingmy but maybe with some careful crafting.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ good deal on this one, extra discount in about 40 minutes if you're a prime member
    Vegetable Slicer, Mospro Strongest and Heaviest Duty, Best Tri Blade Veggie Pasta and Spaghetti Maker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ELD0WXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jk.Byb66GH3ST

Thanks! I can't buy this deal right now but I'll know what to look for when I'm ready.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options

They had similar ones on sale on Amazon yesterday. I used to use a mandolin and was terrified every time of slicing my hand. The spiralizer is much easier

I owned a mandolin for about six months. After a couple of minor nicks and dings, my husband found me in the kitchen in a puddle of blood and tears. His reaction, after staunching my wound: "That thing goes and it goes NOW." He even bundled it up in cardboard so no one on the trash crew would decapitate himself. It's been years and I still shudder when I walk past one of those things in the kitchen ware department.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Looks great. Over here in SLOW carb land, we cube butternut squash and mix with black beans and egg and then make and freeze burritos (low carb tortillas).
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

I owned a mandolin for about six months. After a couple of minor nicks and dings, my husband found me in the kitchen in a puddle of blood and tears. His reaction, after staunching my wound: "That thing goes and it goes NOW." He even bundled it up in cardboard so no one on the trash crew would decapitate himself. It's been years and I still shudder when I walk past one of those things in the kitchen ware department.

Yep. A mandolin can be very dangerous. I sliced a little corner of my thumb off when I 1st got mine. My husband's comment was, "You know there's a reason that comes with a guard". I love mine and still use it AND the guard. And I cringe everytime I take it out of the drawer to prep something.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

:s that's awful. I've been lucky but don't use it much now. SO is always warning me about it.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've used a mandolin for 20+ years and only cut myself once. That's all I needed, to learn. I still use it just fine. slicing squash is a bltch without one.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I have no problems when using the mandolin to cut things....It's the cleaning up part where I always seem to get injured....lol
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I have one of those spiralizers and a spaghetti squash has been sitting on my counter for a while, too. :smile:

BTW, Whoa! Great job! thumb-up-emoticon.gif

b40a228d5cb9181b7af277c1045821a2f59c.jpg