1Madgirl's january goals!

Options
1MADGIRL
1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
Hi Guys,

Started this new discussion thread. I'm hoping we can all list our January goals and then on 1st February we can see how far we got, if anyone would like to join in :)

I weigh 54.7kg and would like to go down to 52.0kg by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed :)

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
    I just want to stay on the diet for the whole month as 1st goal whether I lose or not (maintenance is a good thing also). Then I would like to lose at least 4-lbs (2kg) during the month minimally and hope to maybe lose up to 8-lbs during that time. I just started a new thing for me of not eating re-fined sugars and the last two weeks I've lost 5-lbs so will see if that holds up (I usually lose 1-lb/week).
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you both! Of course you'll make it! :)
    Good idea with this thread!

My goal? Hm, for january I want to maintain my weight. Me and my daughter are going away on a 10 day holiday soon and as we have breakfast included in our hotel and I also want to have dinner... well...
    Goal nr 2 is to get back to OMAD straight away afterwards, that will be what'll help me end this month in a good way.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose any amount of weight my body wants to lose. I'm waiting....
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is to monitor calories better. I also want to eat as nutritionally as I can for improved well being. I haven't felt well with products that use refined flour and sugar. So I'm cutting these two out as much as possible.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @1MADGIRL Good Luck for 2017.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Good luck everyone :)
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm hopping on this thread to follow your progress! Phase II, that's awesome..I can't wait to hear about your results.
    My aim is to get comfortable with OMAD and I'm secretively hoping I'll lose some weight, too...
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Flybeetle wrote: »
    I'm hopping on this thread to follow your progress! Phase II, that's awesome..I can't wait to hear about your results.
    My aim is to get comfortable with OMAD and I'm secretively hoping I'll lose some weight, too...

I wish you all the luck in the world. I'll be updating here, dont worry :)
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be as disciplined as I was the first two months when I started OMAD, before the holidays, so I will have better weight loss again. I hope to lose at least a pound a week. I'd love if I lost even more of course. Good luck everyone!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Group goals for January:

1MadGirl - to weigh 52.0kg
    blambo61 - to stay on OMAD consistently for the whole month
    Anneli_F - to maintain weight
    SavedByGrace - to lose anything the body wants to lose
    DebSozo - monitor calories better and eat more nutritious food (avoiding sugar and refined flour)
    Flybeetle - get comfortable with OMAD (and maybe lose a bit as well)
    kabrigail - get disciplined as in the first two months. Lose 1 pound a week (at least)
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    That's so lovely, thanks for making a quick summary for us :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    No problem :) thought it would be easier for us to follow our goals this way :)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's nice for accountability to do this together.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, now I feel on the hook :) ! It is nice to make goals public I think. I think it does help.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Uh oh, now I feel on the hook :) ! It is nice to make goals public I think. I think it does help.

haha can't run from your goals now :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    So... I'm struggling to get my mind focused this time round. But its not the end of the month yet so I will keep on working hard to get focused again! I'm eating at 5pm and at 9pm... ARGH!
  • Flybeetle
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    So... I'm struggling to get my mind focused this time round. But its not the end of the month yet so I will keep on working hard to get focused again! I'm eating at 5pm and at 9pm... ARGH!

I'm with you,, it's sucks when you can feel you're not on as smooth a track as you'd like to be. Hang in there! I've got a lot of crappy days too at the moment..

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    You can do it...don't give up!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    The real shame is that I KNOW that if I go back on track I WILL lose weight and see the results.
    I'm going to weigh myself Saturday and try to get on track for the next few days.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    The real shame is that I KNOW that if I go back on track I WILL lose weight and see the results.
    I'm going to weigh myself Saturday and try to get on track for the next few days.

For some reason we tend to set ourselves up to fail. The mind is a powerful tool and we have to be stronger than the messages it sends us. When your mind tells you to eat outside of your feeding time, tell it NO!! Then say to yourself, 'you can have it, just not right now'. We teach our minds to listen to us and not our minds telling us to listen to it. We have to do this in order to change our thoughts.