New to the group

Options
LDemi333
LDemi333 Posts: 92 Member
Hi everyone.
I would like to join the group and get myself back into my clothes.
The last year has been an emotional roller-coaster losing my Dad and my Father in law within five months of each other and flying back and forth to the UK for nursing - I suppose I have just eaten my way through it.
I need to lose about 10lbs.
Happy New Year to all and good luck with the weight loss.
Lynne

Replies

• nmcknny
    nmcknny Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'm just returning to MFP this week after being absent for several months (and gaining back almost all the weight I lost initially). Life's difficulties can really throw us, can't they? The support of this group will help keep both of us on track :)
  • LDemi333
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, life can cause difficulties.
    I hope you lose everything you have gained. I generally manage to watch what I eat as I have hypothyroidism - but last year I went between not eating at all to over eating. Not exactly a bright thing to do!
    I only went to visit my Dad - never expected to be arranging his funeral five days after I arrived with Mum in shock to care for. I am four hours ahead of the UK until March when thankfully it goes down to three. I need to lose this weight by April as the Dr is nagging too.
    Good luck
    Lynne

• mick102760
    mick102760 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm back as well, kind of took the Holidays off to gain some weight back......So now I'm going to get back to feeling good about myself and looking forward to a new year :) cutting back on food is the hardest for me when coming back :( but seeing the scale go down after the first week always encourages me. So here's to feeling great by Spring!Anyone's welcome to friend me I like having vompany.
  • mick102760
    mick102760 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    And Company. Lol
  • LDemi333
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply. Good luck to everyone.
  • nmcknny
    Options
    Those holidays! So easy to overeat with all the special foods we make.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi after a long hiatus Im back to give mfp another crack. Im looking for the support Ill need as an emotional craver to kick the habit of medicating with food and enjoy a healthier life. :)
  • nmcknny
    Options
    Good luck, Helenbeee!
  • ambootcamp
    ambootcamp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been here 3 years but have really slacked and gained back 20 lbs. I need to get a handle on this. I'm very active, but I love chocolate and don't deprive myself. Today I start logging my food again and hopefully that will help - it did in the past. We can do this!
  • nmcknny
    Options
    Logging my food has been my greatest help/ motivator, along with meeting people through these groups. I know we can do it, ambootcamp!
  • ambootcamp
    ambootcamp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to friend anyone, so if you want to friend me please do. ☺️
  • nmcknny
    Options
    I got your friend message!
  • Lesa4OU
    Lesa4OU Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been using MFP for a long time and successfully lost 25 lbs but have put it on plus some this past year. I'm determined to take it back off with eating healthy and exercise. I'm lazy and exercise is not on the top of my to do list but I have the time and have run out of excuses. Looking for support and motivation. I want to lose about 30 lbs. We are going to Jamaica in December and I want to feel confident in my swim suit. :-)
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group. I recently started using MFP again and hope to have more success this time. I am 57 years old and still have about 50 pounds that I need to lose. I started a new healthy eating and walking program a few weeks ago and have lost 14 pounds so far. Is there anyone out there that would like to be an accountability buddy with me?
  • rfrieman
    edited February 2017
    Options
    !
  • nmcknny
    Options
    Hi, Lesa4OU! That's just what I did--lost weight then put it back on--so I'm back here, too. We'll do it :)
  • nmcknny
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi, rfrieman,

I'm not sure I'm responsible enough to be an accountability buddy :D but I'm sure we can inspire each other. Friend me, if you like. Congratulations on losing 14 pounds! It's not very easy.
  • rfrieman
    Options
    Hello nmcknny,

Thank you for the inspiration. I just sent you a friend request.
  • nmcknny
    Options
    It takes time for this to all work and make a difference, doesn't it?