Been here before and it doesn't feel good.

Options
RhonndaJ
RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
I'm back at what I consider my highest weight of 425. (My husband says I've been higher, some photos suggest he may be right but I don't remember any higher number.)

A few years back, using MFP, I lost 70 pounds and was sooooo proud of myself. I honestly don't know why things changed and I returned to my old habits, but I did, gained almost all of it back.

When my husband's mobility was getting worse, I lost 40 lbs because it was clear that I was going to need to be doing more and more and to help him. But once he got his hips replaced and back to normal mobility, I went back to old habits again. Even with working with a personal trainer.

I guess what brought me back properly to this, as I've been on and off for a couple of years, was our recent trip to Vegas. Just a short walk and I was in pain and exhausted. Didn't do half the things I wanted and it was already a pretty short list. And one thing I would have loved to have done had a 350lb limit, which is high as far as limits go, but I'm still too big.

So, here I am. 54 years old. 425(more or less since I don't trust my scale). Horribly unfit. And struggling like heck to get my eating under control.

There are so many things I want to do. Small things. I can't even bring myself to think of the big things. But just small things. Like not needing a handrail to climb five steps. Like not getting out of breath walking the short distance from my car to my job.

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi RhonndaJ, sorry you had to come back but i hope you can find what will work for you.

One thing i learned is to not do things i dont enjoy, the changes i make need to be ones i can do for life, start small and the big things will come.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Another thing that helped me...make small goals. Even 5 pounds at a time. When I was 335 and couldnt even walk up the stairs without stopping every thrid or fourth step to catch my breath it was very daunting to look at the end that was *so* far away. I still am thinking in 5 pound goals and it helps me.
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi Rhonnda. Im glad you are back. That takes courage. You know you have done this before. So get into the groove girl. Im the same age as you, 54. 18 months ago wad 386 lb. Now 297. For last 5 months have stayed the same which is now messing with my head. Im dissapointed that I could be much further in my losses if I stuck to it without loosing focus. Now christmas etc over I am also really needing to refocus. I fear I will instead become another statistic & also put it back on. SO TO NOW REFOCUS AND MOVE FORWARD. Im glad we are doing this together.
  • Bigdog214
    Bigdog214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Coming back after gaining the weight back is harder than trying to lose it the first time. I commend you - someone once told me you can't save your face and your *kitten* at the same time. I'm back too. I've lost 100 lbs 3x and 200 lbs once and gained most back. I'm 57 and weigh 426 right now. I get the feeling time is running out as my weight is finally causing me health problems. We can do this together!