Sunday Weigh-In Results (1/8/17)

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
Down 3.8!

Amazing what "paying attention" can accomplish.

Start/Current/Goal
146.6/142.8/135

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Nice! :)
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Down about 4 LB but unofficial since our meeting was cancelled due to ice storm/freezing rain on top of our snow yesterday/ - 4 LB signifying nothing. Just some stress this week and who knows??
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    podkey wrote: »
    Down about 4 LB but unofficial since our meeting was cancelled due to ice storm/freezing rain on top of our snow yesterday/ - 4 LB signifying nothing. Just some stress this week and who knows??

Well since I haven't attended a meeting since sometime in late 2014/early 2015...LOL

I simply refuse to go to a meeting and pay WW because I'm over my official goal weight. I know that I will have to pay for one missed meeting and I'm okay with that. Assuming I even decide to go back to meetings. The ONLY reason I would go back to a meeting would be to get my free voucher for eTools (or whatever it's called now). I'm not sure that I would use anything that's there; but there might be SOMETHING I could use.

MAYBE if I had continued to attend meetings, I would never have gotten above my goal weight. I'll never know. I was really getting very little from meetings when I moved away from Raleigh. There I knew all the meeting members and had a GREAT leader. Down here the leader wasn't so great and I knew no one. And the people that attended mainly talked about all the frankenfoods they could eat for low points. Since I hadn't counted points in years, I didn't find this very helpful.

I still remember the discussion during the last meeting I attended here about turkey bacon -- not that that's a true "frankenfood". When I pointed out that center-cut REAL bacon had no more points (in fact it's less) than turkey bacon, I was met with glaring eyes LOL
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Nice job you two! Great way to begin the New Year.
  • podkey
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yeah the only reason I go is to see some WW buddies and to get my free eTools vouchers which I don't really need anyway. If I moved I doubt I would go to a meeting with "strangers" staring at me.

Oh and bacon?? Bacon?? Give me the real deal or none at all. DW often cooks a costco brand pre-cooked real bacon that crisps up super duper well in a microwave to a nice crunch. I eat 1/2 of a slice. YUM.
  • podkey
    Options
    Yes I have had my share of big aaarse eye rolls at WW meetings myself. Sorry folks water is not a fat solvent and beyond normal amounts, additional fluids aren't needed. Hot beverages like zero broth based soups or hot tea can help a pinch with hunger pangs temporarily. True for me but not cold water so much.