Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 2 (1/8-1/14)

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    Here I am, I know everyone missed me. :rolls eyes:

Hey now, of course we did!

Oh you guys. I need you all.

:heart: Lori :wink:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    1/9 & 1/10 check-in: Weight in range. Carbs good. No outdoor walking or jogging yet due to lingering snow/ice. Maybe tonight as it's warm and rainy. Tomorrow is going to be really warm and dry so that might be the better day. We'll see how I feel after work! Collagen on both days, I think I'm finally getting in the habit with that. I did a strength training workout last night and an MMA style workout Monday so good on that front!
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as @anglyn1. Wanted to get out walking at lunch time yesterday but there was still so much snow and ice I could barely get across the street to grab a bite to eat. Hoping it will be better today as there was quite a bit of melting going on yesterday afternoon.

Had my fitbit set aside for awhile because I got tired of wearing it at work while I was typing, etc., but drug it out today and hoping to get some good steps in.
  • caseyjfer
    caseyjfer Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Check in for week 2.

Weigh-in for me is on Sundays.

SW: 266
    CW: 251.4
    GW: 165

So I dropped 14.6 pounds in the first week, probably attributable to water weight, but since I had been on keto before back toward the end of 2015, my body probably adapted back to the ketosis faster than typical for induction.

My girlfriend is on her first attempt at keto EVER, and is doing well too. SW: 210, CW 202.3, no set goal weight, just wants to look and be healthier. Had a scare at the OB/GYN in December, saying if she wanted to have kids in the future, she needed to lose weight. She's 5'0" for context.

We're sticking to <20g net carbs a day and it seems to be doing wonders for my sleep.
  • RubySugar6336
    RubySugar6336 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Still going strong! This is my best restart in the last decade if you can believe that. My mental game is strong this time.
    9.1lb loss for the week. I expect the losses to level out now which is what usually happens.
    Keeping my macros at Keto level still.

Go team, Go!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Extreme fatigue today and feeling pms full force but determined. I stay keto but then eat pretty late again because I'm staying up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Boy I needed to see this pop up today. I have *not* been focused!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! My A1c dropped from 5.7 in October to 5.4 this week. We bought a used Instant Pot for making bone broth and other yummy things. My weight is down to 161. Things I need to work on:
    1. exercise! This has fallen off the radar in recent weeks
    2. plan meals
    3. learn new recipes
    4. fast one day a week
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    For 1/11
    Logged - yay
    Jogged - yay, added 1 minute
    Fitbit steps-5000 not counting gym yesterday
    Elliptical 50 minutes on fatburn programming
    Getting back into my BPC routine as well
  • anglyn1
    Options
    1/11 check-in. Weight good. Carbs good. The temperature rose to around 50 so I did get outside for a jog. I remembered to take my collagen. My strength training is on track for this week. Yay! :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    Been busy busy. Doing what I'm supposed to. Working my tush off (hopefully) doing Hero90. I supposed to rest today, but I'm supposed to have 2 more days of workout this week. I like to rest on the weekends. Besides, I need to super-clean the floors as the 4 Little Pigs nasty the house up pretty good on the regular. So I skip the rest and workout today and tomorrow and then I'll rest myself. With the exception of the 4 hours of cleaning on Saturday or Sunday...

Hoping that on Saturday when I take my measurements again that I see some loss on the right parts.

Remember to keep an eye on thy electrolytes, me hearties.
    ttfn
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kpk54 for the Mag suggestion. I have some from my last run, good idea to get back to that.
    It's been hard, but I'm working on it every day. Last night and yesterday were good. All the chips and ice cream temptations are out of the house now. Fridge and pantry now stocked with my keto favorites. I did pick up my berries and heavy cream if I need a crutch at night.

Got my salmon planned for lunch and a walk scheduled for this afternoon.
    Moving ahead...
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread today. This is the year I've determined to restore myself to good health and get fit - for good!

This week I
    * Logged every day
    * Hit a new low in weight
    * Made it to the 30 lb loss mark (woohoo!)
    * Kept my net carbs at 20 or less (at least I'm pretty sure I did)

Weight loss is slow but steady now. Gonna just keep on keeping on. This coming week I plan to finally start adding some light exercise to my day, either yoga or walking or both.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It's Friday the 13th and a full moon. Today is going to be just ducky!

Nothing gained, nothing lost, nothing to report. So why write on this thread? - Cause it's fun!

Enjoy a successful weekend!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    For 1/12
    Logged-yay
    Jogged-yay
    Fitbit steps-about 5500
    Salmon for dinner last night, yum!

Planning on a walk at lunch today :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    It's Friday the 13th and a full moon. Today is going to be just ducky!

Nothing gained, nothing lost, nothing to report. So why write on this thread? - Cause it's fun!

Enjoy a successful weekend!

I dunno. The 12th was pretty darn gnarly for me. I'm betting today is going to be pretty tame. :smirk:

I get rid of the kids this weekend! I can clean and workout, without being interrupted 56 times, and watch shows with bad words while the sun is still up! WAHOO! :lol:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    watch shows with bad words while the sun is still up!

I know these feels!!! :lol:
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th! Things are going well this week. Keeping to my macros and logging every day. Firmly in Ketosis, steady weight loss, even with a work meeting all day and dinner out last night! I was just over on calories by 200, but no excess carbs - no alcohol or chips at dinner!!

We have a party at our house tomorrow night, so I need to make sure I have what I need for ME while still keeping the kids and other party goers satisfied... we'll see how that goes.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • anglyn1
    Options
    1/12 & 1/13 check in! Weight good. Carbs good. Yesterday was a rest day, today was strength training. Collagen both days. Hopefully I can get another jog in this weekend.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've actually been doing really well lately, thankfully! (Insomnia is horrible but other than that ...)
    On track with my WOE, getting on track with exercising, and the scale has been cooperating nicely ... hit back *into* my maintenance range today! (It's been a while since I was solidly in it and not yoyoing in a small range above it.) Wore my favorite skinny jeans today and they fit well!

SW: 161
    CW: 132.4
    Goal range for maintenance: 130-133