Ideas?

Options
RebekahR84
RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
I have a very busy weekend fast approaching. Ever heard of Country Thunder? Well, I have two 12 hour days in a row dispatching from the mobile command center. They always cook amazing food that's completely out of my plan there. Any ideas of what I can pack that's on a no-carb plan and can hold up with just an ice pack?

Replies

• 86toronado
    86toronado Posts: 19
    Options
    Atkins shakes? Also, you can take grilled chicken, etc and freeze, then by the time you are ready to eat, should be defrosted but still cool... nuts are another great option, no refridgeror needed...
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    The frozen chicken is a fabulous idea! Unfortunately, I'm on a lean protein ketogenic diet, so no nuts until maintenance phase, and no Atkins products allowed.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    meat (lunch meat, pre-grill chicken, etc), boiled eggs, jerky, some lower carb veggies pre-cut to snack on (celery, radishes, some lettuce leaves to wrap meat in, etc), fat bombs.

We just did a thread on road food, let me see if I can find it...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1039856-vacation-and-low-carb

Of course, adjust as needed for your dietary needs.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have a big thermal mug from the brand Contigo that I got from Target (I got the stainless steel one so that I can wash in the dishwasher). They are really really good at keeping your drink cold or hot for hours. You can prepare a cold high fat shake to take with you. I promise that hours later it will still be cold. Or you can make coffee or tea and add heavy cream to it or any other fats you'd like. You may also take salads with your oil based dressings. You can take a whole avocado with you on the road as long you take care not to mush it with the other items in your bag. Add the avocado to your salad.

In the mornings I usually prepare coffee just so that I can drink up some fat throughout the morning at work. I'm rarely if ever feel hungry come lunch time.

Oh....you can also pack up a soup to go with you in thermos.
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Great suggestions! In preparation for tomorrow, I've pitted a serving's worth of cherries, hard boiled some eggs, cut some celery, and washed a nectarine. Going to grill a bunch of chicken when I get off work @ 6am and throw together some other snacks. Maybe some string cheese... I think I've got this in the bag. We shall see!
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Okay, I pre-planned my day's worth of food. Please feel free to peek at todays (Saturday's) diary and tell me what you think. There's still time for me to change it. I have a HUGE lunch box and several ice packs. My overtime starts at 3pm, so I'll have to wake up at 1pm. Usually, I don't get up unti 4pm, so I think I'll start the day with a light snack (the cherries and string cheese.)