Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Getting Started...

Remember, this isn't about weight loss. Sure, we all want to look like Burgundy or Tinker Toy...but we really need to fuel our bodies. Here's a couple of links going around in F3Nation on this topic:

f3nation.com/2017/01/06/a-fuels-errand/

f3nation.com/2013/12/30/what-are-you-putting-in-your-turbine/

Also read this, (also from gnarlygoat). Interesting stuff...(I don't follow this exactly, but it is helpful):

My fuel "system" is pretty simple. I basically advocate for carefully planning your fuel intake, and then sticking to it. Easy enough, right? Perhaps, but I've found that many people go through their days without a fuel "plan", and they end up ingesting stuff in quantities and qualities that are not good for them.
My system:
On Saturday I look out at the week ahead to see when/where/how I'm going to fuel up every hour of every day. I try to take into account all the events for that week (parties, trips, work events, etc).
I make my plan literally hour-by-hour for each day. This is the way we took care of our turbines on the ship... hour-by-hour, and I figure my "machine" is at least as valuable! It sounds cumbersome, but it's really not bad once you do it for a couple of cycles. It works for me because I'm like one of those gas turbine engines on my ship... constantly ready to gulp fuel!! I have to make sure it's good stuff and in my plan.

[10:04]
For example, here's what I planned for today:

0600 wake up: .5 cup skim milk, 1 tablespoon nuts
0700: Coffee- unlimited!
0800: .25 cup corn/bean salsa salad
0900: Nothing... I'll be at Mass.
1000: Nothing.... I'll be at Mass
1100: 2 eggs scrambled, 2 pieces bacon, 1 biscuit
1200: 1 Clementine
1300: 1 canned drink (0 calorie La Croix cranberry)
1400: Gum
1500: .25 cup blueberries. Then some gum
1600: 1 slice cinnamon and raisin Ezekiel bread
1700: 4 oz pork, 1 cup slaw, 1 cup black eye peas, .5 cup corn/bean salsa, 1 slice cornbread
1800: 1 piece Ezekiel Bread, 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
Fin. Very rarely do I consume calories after 1900 hrs. ! Maybe have some gum, water, hot tea, etc.

I also drink about a cup of water at the top of the hour.
The key to the whole thing is determining which fuel will be effective in your life - for your body "machine"- then getting "fuel" on-hand to execute your plan. Homemade and organic is best. I avoid the processed stuff. If you don't have good fuel, you'll resort to junk and your plan is out the window. The few minutes it takes to plan out the coming week is key. Do it on Saturday so you have time to pick up the stuff you need to fuel like you should.

This may seem ridiculous to plan at this level, but it's helped me maintain my target weight, and honestly I don't even fret over it anymore.