Where to start?

Options
Jumping into a 1000 calorie diet can be tough. So share your first few days here until you get the hang of it!

Replies

• BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My first day was okay, I ate 1118 calories and did no exercise. Tomorrow I am going to workout and hopefully not over eat too badly. I would love to have over the next 14 days 10 under 1000 no matter if I workout or not.
  • stationlouisa
    stationlouisa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've always counted calories when trying to lose weight, (using notepad and pen - lost approx 20kg twice before) but I do like MFP for the nutritional info and I think it will help with maintaining weight loss. Once you have the right mind set to start I find no difficulty in keeping to my calorie count. Except for xmas. I just add a banana to any day where I cant make the 1000 count to keep MFP registering, its happy with 1000 cals. I dont understand the mentality of most people on here regards exercise so they can eat more cals. I exercise so I can lose more weight.
  • stationlouisa
    stationlouisa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    first week this week of eating around the recommended calories of 1200 rather than the 1000 I have been eating since Aug 2016, and first week other than xmas where I have not lost any weight. I usually average 1kg per week. Goes to prove I dont need 1200 cals.
  • bduffey6317
    bduffey6317 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first week was more like 1200 to 1100.. Then I found just the right amount of breakfast, lunch and dinner portions to keep it around 950 to 1050. I allow myself 1 cheat day a week, Sundays.
  • 30days2veg
    30days2veg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    k… my height is 4'9'' and I'm 35… my BMR is REALLY low… hence I'm only allotted 919kcal per day … y'all good? k… imma go 2 bed… ~Sara E.S.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I’m 5ft2 and 129Ib. My goal is to be 115Ib.

I’ve been eating at 1200 cal a day but not seeing impact. Guess I am just eating at maintenance so going to try 1000 cal for a few weeks and see what happens. Am spot on 1000 cals today.