Week of Jan 9 to Jan 15: Goals and Results

Options
lemurcat12
lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
So how did everyone do last week? Specific goals for this week?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    Options
    I am reasonably happy with how last week went, given where I was before this started. My goals are to cut out unplanned snacking, and stay within my calories for the week, to get in my running workout schedule (varies weekly, but at least 5 days of running), sleep 6 hours (or more, should it happen), and stop drinking lots of coffee in the afternoon (related).

So last week was really stressful for me at work and my hours were weird, but:

Kept control of what I could and did not snack at work despite amazing goodies still coming almost every day (seriously, people?) ;-). Once I got back into the habit of just eating what I planned to eat it became easy again -- I really don't know what's different, maybe finally just deciding I would do it again, but yay! Because of this I easily ended up within my calories for the week.

Workouts were much less successful, as early in the week I was stressing out and had trouble making the gym given the work stuff, and it was super cold and I didn't want to run outside. Excuses, yeah, but I also decided it was okay to do what I could and focus on one goal at a time as I get back into this, so I only got in 2 runs (of the 5).

Sleep was off and on, but paying attention makes me realize what a difference it makes. 4/7

The coffee thing I didn't even attempt last week.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    For this week, more of the same. Today was going to be just a pilates day, but I may try to get in a run in the evening if possible. Seems to be a bit warmer!
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I may try to get in a run in the evening if possible. Seems to be a bit warmer!
    This is my problem! It's been too cold for me to walk outside, but now I don't even want to GO outside.

Goal for this week:

Drink 8 glasses of water. Been averaging 6...
    Stay within calories. Only went over twice this week, and once was only 13 calories!
    Exercise DVD 3 times. Totally missed this one last week!
    Get more sleep, goal is 7 hours. Until you all started talking about this I hadn't realized I was getting 5 at most. Too many late night piddling on the iPad.

Finally saw a move in the scale this week! That last two pounds from the New Year's challenge are finally gone! Only 5 more to go for this round...

• jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    Finally saw a move in the scale this week! That last two pounds from the New Year's challenge are finally gone!

I will join you on the scale finally moving! I lost 2 pounds!

• jrortega1912
    Options
    I forgot how to quote and reply, hehe
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Goals this week is to get back to the gym before a possible ice storm this weekend. I am so ready for winter to be over with. I do not like the cold.
  • tress29
    Options
    I've heard from more than one random teenager (in my house) that I should join the YMCA, cause it's so much fun. I think they really just want my boys to come exercise with them. Not sure my budget can handle the cost...
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Update:
    1. Weight the same
    2. Made butternut squash Noodle bowls with trout, eggs, chicken and broccoli. So eating more real foods.
    3. Walking and biking moderately while knee recovers.
    4. Still caught in emotional eating if things go bad at work and family...
    Week goals
    1. No vending machine purchase at work
    2. Do strength training plus core work
    3. Healthy choices at work and grocery store
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Just back from a trip to DC to cope with family health issues. Despite restaurant eating and no exercise, I lost about 3 lbs. Goals for the rest of the week are to walk at least a couple of miles a day, snow and rain permitting, keep withing calorie goals, catch up on sleep, and drink 8 glasses of water a day. And enjoy being at home, sleeping in my own bed, and being with my family!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Week is going pretty well so far. Missed one run, but hoping to fit it in today, and finally caught up on sleep last night. I could really tell yesterday that I was tired/hadn't been sleeping enough as I wanted to eat everything, but I stuck to plan! ;-)
  • tress29
    Options
    I've found it really helps to bring my lunch everyday and not give in to fast food. Even if it's canned soup and a yogurt, it helps me stay on track, both calorically and financially!
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    A bit of a tummy upset the last 2 days with having to make sure I am not more than a skip hop and a jump away from the WC so today my diary will consist of lots of water and nothing more its a day of fasting to try and push this bug out before having to go back to work on Monday.

And the best part is as I am writing this my wife is in the kitchen cooking bacon on French baguette for her and the Lad for lunch and it smells amazing.

Apart from that, I think my week has been going well I have stuck to my goals all week so hoping to see a drop on the scales again this week. I hope all of your goals have been met and your week has been good to you. Good luck for Monday.
  • tress29
    Options
    I ended up the week down another pound! My calorie goal is set to lose a half pound a week, otherwise I'd be rally cranky! Instead, I've been working on getting more steps in every day. I may not get a pound every week, but it's nice to see it.
  • jerseygene
    Options
    Ok to recap the week it has been a trying week with illness so my eating has not been on point and I have not been as active as I like but all in all I have not been over with my food and I have kept my water intake up. I have lost another 4 pound this week and that's brilliant but with a recount, it turns out I still have 2 more to go to get back to my lowest that I was before Christmas so fingers cross I'll get there this week. I hope all of you have done what you wanted this last week. Keep it going it's just one pound at a time over and over again.
  • whiplashy
    whiplashy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lost 2.25 pounds this week. A bit disappointed with that but I didn't meet my exercise goal for the week and overall it was a pretty sedentary week. I also went over my calorie goal a few days during the week. Aim for next week is to stick to the calorie goal everyday and reach my exercise goal.
  • jerseygene
    Options
    whiplashy wrote: »
    Lost 2.25 pounds this week. A bit disappointed with that but I didn't meet my exercise goal for the week and overall it was a pretty sedentary week. I also went over my calorie goal a few days during the week. Aim for next week is to stick to the calorie goal everyday and reach my exercise goal.

A 2.25 loss is no mean feet it is a good loss more so if you didn't have a great week so please don't be disappointed you have done really well. Slow and steady wins the race well done.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    2.25 is great!
  • jrortega1912
    Options
    I lost 1.5 pounds!
  • jerseygene
    Options
    I lost 1.5 pounds!

Well done that's great keep up the good work.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Hooray!