I am struggling

Options
natashab61
natashab61 Posts: 103 Member
Since yesterday my mood had been off. I have not been able to concentrate and have taken yet another break from my bf. I was feeling very low and I jus felt like I needed to perk up so I operate not because I was hungry because I wanted to avoid my feelings. I have been feeling guilty all day today and just want to cry and curl up and eat all of the sweets. Can someone help me by giving me some tips of what I should do?
I am hoping to go to the gym after classes and meetings today but until then the feeling is lingering. Thank you

Replies

• natashab61
    natashab61 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Operate = over ate
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I suggest having something with a good amount of protien in it, not a lot but it will help stave off craving for sweets. examples could be some nuts, some natural yogurt (no sugar type).
    For some people walking a bit helps, for others it can rev up the appetite. You know yourself which may be best. Good luck and keep on keeping on. BTW, Even if you had a sandwich or something its not the end of the world, it could block a binge on sweets snd you could work it in to your calorie amounts over the next few days.

edited for punctuation flaws.
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When I feel like I'm hungry and/or gonna overeat from stress (especially happens at night for me), I grab a string cheese (sometimes 2) and slowly peel it apart to eat it. Delicious, protein, calcium, satisfying and usually works to quell my "hunger". You mentioned taking another break from your bf. Maybe there's a need to talk about this. In the past, I've sat with a nonjudgmental person (counselor for me) and talked through my relationship issues. Not trying to meddle; just thinking of what else might help. Peace, my friend.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I agree, protein will help hunger issues. Hard boiled eggs are good and quick if you already have some prepped in the fridge. Hard boiled eggs will keep in the fridge for a week.

Make a plan of what you are going to do when you are stressed and feeling "munchy". Write it down, post it in the kitchen.

Suggestions of things to do when stressed:
    -take a deep breath and remind yourself that the feeling will pass
    -drink water, tea, seltzer
    - exersice
    - read
    - use positive self talk to remind yourself of your goals
    - evaluate your hunger level, do you actually need a healthy snacks
    - call a supportive friend
    - get on MFP

Best wishes on your journey!! hang in there, you're worth all the hard work