My Fitness Pall Calorie Goal Too Low?

Options
Hey there!
I am very new to myfitness pal, although I have been counting calories for about 3 weeks now. (Started counting calories to track how I usually eat with a phone app and then switched to this about a week ago to get a calorie goal for weight loss)

I am approximately 5'10", large-ish frame, and weigh 190 pounds with 23% body fat.
I am trying to lose a few percentage points and am aiming for about 18%-19%. I also have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which causes difficulty losing weight. Hence my training below...

I train in brazilian jiu jitsu 3 days a week, (2.5 hour sessions consisting of warm up, techniques, and then an hour of free sparring). I do cross-fit style jump rope on the off days (45 minute HIIT sessions), and strength training on weekends (about 1-2 hours a session). I also do not own a car so I bus/walk/bike everywhere in my city.

Myfitnesspal has given me a calorie goal of 1500 calories/day, and I am finding that I am getting dizzy, shaky and feel faint during and after my workouts. I also feel hungry constantly, and am finding it very difficult to stick to this number. (previously, I was eating about 2,000 calories a day of low carb, no sugar and no processed food and was finding that satiating and was enough to power me through my training sessions).

Is this calorie goal perhaps a bit too low? Or should I tough it up and stick with it to see if I get results?

Thank you to everyone who responds!

Replies

• made4themet
    made4themet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Slight edit - the goal My Fitness Pall has given me is 1,474 calories/day.
  • emilygduran
    emilygduran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I would say dizziness is a definite sign of a low calorie goal. You're very active from the sound of it and could likely lose on quite a bit more, especially at your height. For reference, I'm 5'4" and a server part time, with only a couple yoga sessions a week and losing on approximately 1700. Eat more, youll have more energy for your training and preserve more lean body mass :)